GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

MB download manager update maps problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 220D 4M
MB download manager update maps problem

Hi all, I'm first time user of this forum.
I used MB download manager to update maps on my GLC 220d from the V7.0 to
V 8.0, but after upload process has been done got message software updated successfully 100%. After put card back in to car slot and wait for activating, got all new icon stile on the screen, but message pop up ,,Can't unlock maps'' Everything seems ok, but empty green screen without map details appear.Put back card to comp and start MB download manager telling me ,, Put Card in vehicle first ". Tried to repeat several times but result stay same. Please, help if you have any suggestions to solve this problem,
Old 05-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to X253 forum...
Old 05-04-2017, 01:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 4Matic
I just recently updated my Garmin Map Pilot SD card and while my problem is not exactly like yours, may help. I have the North American maps, so probably have a different version (not sure where you are). When I plugged in the SD card to my computer the download manager read it and said there was a newer version. I proceeded to download it (took about 3 hrs). During the download, I left the computer and when I returned, it had stopped. I restarted it and eventually it completed.I also got the message that it had successfully downloaded. I put it back in the car and it asked if I wanted to link it to the car. I clicked yes and it loaded. To my dismay, when I turned it on the next day to navigate, all I got was a blank screen with the locating
icon and the task bar showing the speed, time, etc, no map.
Since I saved a backup before updating, I took the SD card back to my computer and installed the original version. When I plugged that into the car, it said it could not unlock the maps. I figured then that I had bricked the SD card.

I decided to go back to the download manager and try to go again to the latest version. This time the download process went continually with no interruptions and I made sure to stay at the computer the whole time to insure no hickups. I reinstalled it in the car and it asked again if I wanted to mate it to the car and again I clicked yes. This time it worked and do not plan on touching it again!
In my case the download manager recognized my SD card after saying the maps were locked. Since it no longer recognizes your card, I am not sure what is going on.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
Were you ever able to fix that problem? I am also getting unable to unlock maps even after several restores using MBDownloadManager
Old 05-10-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 4Matic
As noted in my reply, I got the sd card to work after reinstalling the latest update the second time. I only got the "lock" after trying restore the original version that I saved in the download manager since my first download attempt of the latest version did not work. If you can, install the latest version and make sure you monitor your computer to insure it does not stop the download in progress.
I am not sure what version you are talking about that you are trying to restore - is it the original version, or the newest version. What I had to do when the new version did not work properly was to go back to the original that I had saved in download manager. That old version was now locked and I could not make it work. But, when I went back to the download manager with the now locked old version, the download manager recognized the sd card and said there was a newer version (the same as I had tried to get before). I re-did it and this time it worked.
By the way for my North America maps it went from "Map: 2015/2016 (V5.0)" to "Map:2016 (V6.0). The old maps were 12.65 GB and the new maps are 13.51 GB.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:58 AM

2017 GLA 2.0d SE Executive
Originally Posted by Medici
Hi all, I'm first time user of this forum.
I used MB download manager to update maps on my GLC 220d from the V7.0 to
V 8.0, but after upload process has been done got message software updated successfully 100%. After put card back in to car slot and wait for activating, got all new icon stile on the screen, but message pop up ,,Can't unlock maps'' Everything seems ok, but empty green screen without map details appear.Put back card to comp and start MB download manager telling me ,, Put Card in vehicle first ". Tried to repeat several times but result stay same. Please, help if you have any suggestions to solve this problem,
Did you ever get this sorted ? I have exactly the same issue and cannot get the maps unlocked on the car or redo the update on the PC as it says to put it in the vehicle first !
Old 05-25-2017, 08:20 AM

GLC 220D 4M
Garmin maps issue

No, did not fix this, still have same problem, next week have appoitment with MB dealer and will see what is going on.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:30 AM

2017 GLA 2.0d SE Executive
Originally Posted by Medici
No, did not fix this, still have same problem, next week have appointment with MB dealer and will see what is going on.
Did the dealer sort it for you ?

Mine has gone in and apparently I need an update to the Audio system to let the update to the SatNav work but as yet Mercedes have not written that update so I am waiting !
Old 07-06-2018, 09:51 PM

GLA 250
Help!

did anyone get this sorted out? I am having the same exact issue right now and I am about ready to pull my hair out!
Old 04-03-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W205T C200
To all you out there trying to update your SD card with an out of date Update Manager I have finally found a solution . Version 3.0.09. You can find it here;- https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/en-gb...rmin-map-pilot
The following 2 users liked this post by yellowhillman:
ironman_sav (05-20-2019), krazzdav (06-16-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 10:07 AM

c300
That was the problem! Thank you so much was searching days for this fix!