GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Pet Carrier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'17 GLC 300 4matic
Pet Carrier

In case it is helpful info for those who want to transport pets in their GLC 300 (in my case two medium size cats between DC and Nantucket): a fabric over collapsible metal frame "soft crate" that is 36" L x 24" W x 23" H can be loaded through the hatch and fits forward enough on the platform created when the 60% rear seat back is down to allow the hatch cover bar to serve as a backward restraint. The luggage space is not compromised. Our crate came from Amazon, which offers several versions from different suppliers in this size.

Our cats are used to this trip, which we break up into one or two overnights. The carrier is just large enough to give the cats room to move around and also have a litter box available, which allows this to work for all four of us. My wife and I have our fingers crossed that our generally placid brother and sister will find their fabric enclosure not at all suggestive of a scratching post; at least we'll be in the car with them to know. Note that comments at the Amazon site suggests these fabric carriers may not work well with some dogs.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC300 Coupe
Interesting, do you have a link to the amazon page?
Old 05-24-2017, 02:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 GLC 300 [Cardinal/Espresso]
Thanks for the info. I'm looking into getting our dog into the car and am thinking of going with a hammock from http://www.dogshell.com/

Good luck on your trip!
The following users liked this post:
jimbobboy (05-24-2017)