Subscribed MBrace Entertain but can't find wifi option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Subscribed MBrace Entertain but can't find wifi option

I bought my GLC300 two weeks ago.
Did not subscribe MBrace Entertain at my dealer.

Two days ago, I was thinking it does not hurt to try it. So I called the customer service of MBrace to ask for a trial subscription.

The CSR took my credit card and told me it would be available after 24-48 hours.
However, after more than 48 hours, I still cannot find wifi option in my car.

Anyone has similar experience or solution?
Old 07-13-2017, 03:53 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
I think you'll have to head back to the dealer to get it sorted out...
Old 07-13-2017, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Forget about MBrace/ME WiFi... all cars are too dang slow - ATT Mobley - plugs into OBD port - ATT Car Connect Plan 22gb/mo for $20 mo plus taxes fee's
Old 01-22-2020, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C300
Mbrace Known Software Issue C300 2016

Mbrace reps confirmed they have a widespread technical issue on their end affecting my model and some others. It’s been over 3 months now and still can’t register. I had to make two trips to dealership to get software update called TCU2. Supposedly dealership should be aware of issue but they weren’t hence 2 trips. Mbrace told me to call when I left dealership anf they would get everything working. I did and was told call back in a few weeks they can’t see it yet on their end, he was rather rude about it. A few weeks?? After waiting, I called and 1st rep said she saw issue and would fix then transfer me to registration rep. 2nd rep said sorry she can’t do anything they have an issue on their end, but she at least offered to put me on call back list when it’s fixed. A month went by, I called again. This time I had rep who was beat down dealing with issue and thanked me for being nice. She put me on the call list again rather than search for my name. It’s now been since mid November and I haven’t heard back. That’s the short version, the communication within Mbrace reps is not good... most were uniformed & had their own idea of how to fix it when actually there was a bigger issue. Not experience I expected, this is my first MB.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:50 PM

SLC43R AMG
And the issues continue

I'm a new CPO 2018 owner and attempted to register mbrace to be able to do remote lock, etc. Three different attempts over several days and still nothing. No email, no text and account still shows up as unlinked. Even better is every time I call, it still has the prior owners details. Each time you have to go thru the sales pitch for the add on "premium" services. Why would I buy additional services if they can even get the basics working?
MB needs to get their technology into the current century. I could understand this level of problem 30 years ago, but today it is unheard of. Unimpressive start with MB experience.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C300
Give Up on MBrace

Originally Posted by vnarma
I'm a new CPO 2018 owner and attempted to register mbrace to be able to do remote lock, etc. Three different attempts over several days and still nothing. No email, no text and account still shows up as unlinked. Even better is every time I call, it still has the prior owners details. Each time you have to go thru the sales pitch for the add on "premium" services. Why would I buy additional services if they can even get the basics working?
MB needs to get their technology into the current century. I could understand this level of problem 30 years ago, but today it is unheard of. Unimpressive start with MB experience.
after over a year of soo many calls, trips to the dealership for software updates and no one knows what the other hand is doing… I gave up. I finally did get the devices turned on after that year of battles and they were a joke! The auto-start is so sensitive it has to be the right wind condition, pollen count and heat index to actually work… Just like the auto roll down/up windows- you have to stand right next to the car. I was so nice and tried to be patient about it all. Even when I called to cancel the free services before that started to charge me… Oh I see you need some updates, then I had to do a serious almost court like 20 min of listening and accepting I would no longer be protected by their devices… I still got charged and had to start the whole process again. 1- their technology isn’t even up to German standards. 2- they do not communicate across channels as need and 3- In the top 3 Worst experiences I’ve had in my almost 50 years of life. My business is customer service, process development and implementing software solutions to streamline relationship and communication. I won’t but a Mercedes again. The 10 different styles of console controls that all do the same thing should have been my warning but I had that little dream in mind.. Nope they aren’t the same manufacturer they built a legacy on, like Dyson they lie with a very lovely accent. I’d give up and cut losses. I even contacted Verizon connect who they said they were at the mercy of for software.. Walk away and save yourself the grief. You have a very pretty car with a cool status symbol. Our Ford Explorer & Jeep have more bells and working whistles than the Benz!!!!’🤬😤🧐😠😑
Old 08-09-2021, 08:32 AM

SLC43R AMG
Angry

Originally Posted by chxbenz
after over a year of soo many calls, trips to the dealership for software updates and no one knows what the other hand is doing… I gave up. I finally did get the devices turned on after that year of battles and they were a joke! The auto-start is so sensitive it has to be the right wind condition, pollen count and heat index to actually work… Just like the auto roll down/up windows- you have to stand right next to the car. I was so nice and tried to be patient about it all. Even when I called to cancel the free services before that started to charge me… Oh I see you need some updates, then I had to do a serious almost court like 20 min of listening and accepting I would no longer be protected by their devices… I still got charged and had to start the whole process again. 1- their technology isn’t even up to German standards. 2- they do not communicate across channels as need and 3- In the top 3 Worst experiences I’ve had in my almost 50 years of life. My business is customer service, process development and implementing software solutions to streamline relationship and communication. I won’t but a Mercedes again. The 10 different styles of console controls that all do the same thing should have been my warning but I had that little dream in mind.. Nope they aren’t the same manufacturer they built a legacy on, like Dyson they lie with a very lovely accent. I’d give up and cut losses. I even contacted Verizon connect who they said they were at the mercy of for software.. Walk away and save yourself the grief. You have a very pretty car with a cool status symbol. Our Ford Explorer & Jeep have more bells and working whistles than the Benz!!!!’🤬😤🧐😠😑
I appreciated the response, but I'm very disappointed to hear that this may be a loosing battle. Trying again this morning. I reached out to MBUSA management as this gives all technology a bad name. How can it be really this bad? They could get into real trouble with false advertising. How can you advertise that you get free updates for the maps, etc., thru the Mbrace service, when you can't ever get access to the Mbrace service!!