GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Service and mbux update to FUP3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 11:44 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Service and mbux update to FUP3?

Hey everyone. I have my first upcoming service in about a month and am thinking of asking them to update my MBUX from fup2 to fup3. I’ve seen on some other threads discussion of album artwork over Bluetooth not working in fup2 (my album artwork from iPhone via Bluetooth always shows the generic Burnester logo) and that someone got it resolved with the fup3 update. Can anyone on here confirm and/or test this out for me? If this will resolve that annoyance of mine it’s worth bugging the service dept. *fingers crossed*

Just to summarize - does your MBUX running fup3 (080) show album artwork when playing music over Bluetooth? Ideally from iPhone? The album art shows up when connected via USB or through CarPlay. Just not Bluetooth, at least with my current fup2.

Thanks for your help!
Eric
Old 06-18-2021, 04:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 2020 Coupe
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Hey everyone. I have my first upcoming service in about a month and am thinking of asking them to update my MBUX from fup2 to fup3. I’ve seen on some other threads discussion of album artwork over Bluetooth not working in fup2 (my album artwork from iPhone via Bluetooth always shows the generic Burnester logo) and that someone got it resolved with the fup3 update. Can anyone on here confirm and/or test this out for me? If this will resolve that annoyance of mine it’s worth bugging the service dept. *fingers crossed*

Just to summarize - does your MBUX running fup3 (080) show album artwork when playing music over Bluetooth? Ideally from iPhone? The album art shows up when connected via USB or through CarPlay. Just not Bluetooth, at least with my current fup2.

Thanks for your help!
Eric
yes I have the FUP3 081 and the album art is finally showing.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:49 PM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by wesram
yes I have the FUP3 081 and the album art is finally showing.
Awesome, thanks for confirming! :-)
Old 06-18-2021, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,000 Likes on 586 Posts
N/A
BTW, if you ask them to update MBUX from FUP2 to FUP3, they won't. You need to mention the problems you are having and then they will update it.
Unfortunately they will not update if you ask. You have to mention a problem.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300e
I had FUP2 but it was automatically updated (car downloded the sw update automatically) to ver ntg6/080. Size of the download was about 6MB. The update took few hours to apply. Does anyone know if my update is the same as FUP3?
Earlier I had issue with navigator POI’s but now they work OK
Old 08-08-2021, 10:41 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts
2021 GLE450W4 SUV
Originally Posted by Bill100
I had FUP2 but it was automatically updated (car downloded the sw update automatically) to ver ntg6/080. Size of the download was about 6MB. The update took few hours to apply. Does anyone know if my update is the same as FUP3?
Earlier I had issue with navigator POI’s but now they work OK
How could you tell that the update was about 6MB?
Old 08-09-2021, 03:24 PM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Just got my car back from my first service... they updated the MBUX to version 081 and I'm pleased to report that my bluetooth album artwork now appears while listening to music from my iPhone, and also the "Hey Mercedes" function no longer activates every time it hears the word "Mercedes"... you have to specifically use the word "Hey" first before it acknowledges which makes a world of difference when talking in the car during normal conversation. Also, I can now see the weather by asking it the forecast - this wasn't working for me before. Good stuff! I also noticed that my easy entry-exit started "sort of" working again and my steering wheel moves up when I get out of the car, but my seat doesn't move back on it's own still.

Lastly - it didn't wipe my settings, radio presets, audio settings or ambient color settings. Good stuff!
Old 08-09-2021, 05:24 PM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Just got my car back from my first service... they updated the MBUX to version 081 and I'm pleased to report that my bluetooth album artwork now appears while listening to music from my iPhone, and also the "Hey Mercedes" function no longer activates every time it hears the word "Mercedes"... you have to specifically use the word "Hey" first before it acknowledges which makes a world of difference when talking in the car during normal conversation. Also, I can now see the weather by asking it the forecast - this wasn't working for me before. Good stuff! I also noticed that my easy entry-exit started "sort of" working again and my steering wheel moves up when I get out of the car, but my seat doesn't move back on it's own still.

Lastly - it didn't wipe my settings, radio presets, audio settings or ambient color settings. Good stuff!
I stand corrected on entry-exit… both seat and steering wheel move although my seat is so far back it doesn’t. The feature technically does work if I sat closer to the steering wheel :-).