GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Just Ordered!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Senatov
I asked the dealer to check again and it turns out there is NO standard sunroof. It's the C-Class sedan that will be rolling out a standard sunroof.

Also, I'm thinking about Head Up Display but my experience with these (in BMWs) is that you can't see it if you have polarized sunglasses on. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
Glad you know about the sunroof just so you won't be disappointed when it comes in. Lots of folks assume it comes with parking sensors Standard. It doesn't.

I've read here that polarized sunglasses can tend to interfere with the HUD.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:26 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many to count
Just to come full circle, I did end up adding the Driving Assistance Package to the order. I figured I'd always wonder about it if I didn't get it. Now I won't have any regrets.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:14 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Senatov
Just to come full circle, I did end up adding the Driving Assistance Package to the order. I figured I'd always wonder about it if I didn't get it. Now I won't have any regrets.
Good for you, you will not be disappointed. yesterday did a 1h15m trip each way in my other vehicle. i cant believe how many times i had to tap the brakes because traffic slowed and then had to turn cruise back on and speed up. it made for a very tiring drive.

just keep in mind the system is to assist and not self drive. when i first got it i was thinking it was supposed to drive itself and wasn't happy, but now i look forward to using it.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:30 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
just keep in mind the system is to assist and not self drive.
In fact if you keep you hands off the wheel for more than a few seconds the dash display will flash a warning. Some thing like: Place your hands on the wheel! I thought this was pretty funny when I first saw the message.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan
DO YOU have your vehicle, if so, when did you take delivery?
Old 09-10-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 GLC 300
my 2 cents is that the pano roof:

--- adds a couple hundred LBS to car
--- adds a few degrees to interior (no matter what they claim)
--- reduces the lettuce in your wallet by $1500
--- reduces the structural rigidity slightly

Many other options to use that cash on...
The following users liked this post:
PeteInGilroy (09-10-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC300
You won't regret Distronic. Once I drove our AMG w/Distronic I was ruined. I'm surprised most MB's don't come with adaptive cruise control. This is becoming the standard with other brands. Yet with GLC's, most dealers have 0 to 1 on the lot with Distronic. I'm ordering my GLC too so I can get all the packages I want (parking, lighting, multimedia, pano roof, and premium driver assist pkg).

Can't wait to see the result!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan
I don't have my vehicle yet but I checked the progress of the ship it was on from Germany to Long Beach, CA. I think it hunkered down for a couple of days on the East Coast to avoid the Hurricanes. It also stopped at many ports along the East coast and one in Mexico before arriving at the destination. My dealer was pretty slow to keep me up to date. a couple of days after docking I let them know by voice mail that I knew it had arrived in Long Beach. They returned my call and said it was the same status they had, apparently it comes from there to Portland by train. I would have expected truck, but rail is likely cheaper. I should have it by the end of the week or early next.