- Multimedia Package
- Advanced Parking Assist Package
- Premium Package
- Panorama Roof
- Porcelain Headliner
- Burmester Sound
- Heated Front Seats
- 18 inch 5-spoke wheels

The only thing I am divided about is the Pano Roof vs. Premium 3 (Driving Assistance). Nobody will be in the back seat 99% of the time, so there really does not seem to be a point in getting the Pano Roof. Does not seem to be worth $1500. The extra light is nice, but $1500 for that?

If I drop the Pano roof, I could get the Premium 3 package with Driving Assist/Distronic. I actually had that added to the order but then I took it off because I thought it gives you a false sense of security as well as the fact I don't want it stopping randomly or moving the car back changing lanes, etc. The current MB I have has Lane Keeping Assist (not active) and sometimes it beeps or alerts when there is nothing in the road. Kinda scary.

I have never had Active Driving Assist, so I might be wrong.

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
--
Congrats!!

We have pano roof on our other cars, and quite frankly, almost never use it unless the kiddo is in the back seat and not sleeping

Driver Assistance package was a must for me, not necessarily for the lane assist jazz, but the Distronic Plus -- having done multiple 3+ hour drives, I can not even begin to describe how easy the ride is with that feature. Set the max cruise speed, and forget about it. No need to worry about hitting brakes when cars in front slow down, or worrying about cops etc. At first I was a little nervous using that feature, but the fact that you can set the distance is super helpful "just in-case" some sensor fails and you need to take over control.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:32 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Too many to count
Originally Posted by arch85
At first I was a little nervous using that feature, but the fact that you can set the distance is super helpful "just in-case" some sensor fails and you need to take over control.
This is what I'm worried about. I've never had this package before and don't like the idea of the car making movements on its own in the event it's wrong.

Benz cars I've driven before that have lane keeping sometimes beep when there is nothing in the road, lane markings change, or a car is making a turn in the distance. I can't help but feel the active driving package could "misfire" in those circumstances.

I also feel like it inspires this false confidence in drivers that the machine will always correct you.

I could be totally wrong though. I still am leaning towards getting rid of Pano roof since nobody will be looking out it for the most part.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:47 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Senatov
This is what I'm worried about. I've never had this package before and don't like the idea of the car making movements on its own in the event it's wrong.

Benz cars I've driven before that have lane keeping sometimes beep when there is nothing in the road, lane markings change, or a car is making a turn in the distance. I can't help but feel the active driving package could "misfire" in those circumstances.

I also feel like it inspires this false confidence in drivers that the machine will always correct you.

I could be totally wrong though. I still am leaning towards getting rid of Pano roof since nobody will be looking out it for the most part.
It all depends on how you perceive the system

I look at it as something that may catch an error I make. If I don't notice someone cut in front of me it will beep and start to apply the brakes. If I drift into another lane it will beep and guide me back. And when on highway I am in complete control but it helps me steer and I find it much less fatiguing. Also it slows me down when the person in front of me slows down; again, less fatigue. I do not perceive it as driving for me as much as adjusting as needed to help improve safety.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 2018
Ordered similar car for my wife last week:

2018 GLC 300
Diamond Silver Metallic/Black MB-Tex/Crystal Grey Fabric/Burl Walnut Trim
Advanced Lighting Package
Multimedia Package
Advanced Parking Assist
Premium Driver Assist

No moon/pano roof as we would not use it.
No heated seats as we live in SF Bay Area with mild weather
No fancy stereo as my wife tends to not listen to music.

Really wanted Smartphone Integration instead of Multimedia, but Multimedia is required with Advanced Driver Assistance. Seems stupid, but it is what it is.

Production is happening later than originally thought due to parts shortage with the advanced lighting. Production will happen in early Sept with delivery 4-6 weeks later.

Primary driver is my wife so I really wanted all the safety/convenience features. She just wanted the Mercedes feel and the Metallic Silver color.

Looking forward to the new car. Her old car (very old car) literally set it self on fire (no one hurt) on trip home from San Diego. We receive a more than fair insurance payout next week.

BTW....got a 8% discount off MSRP (including delivery charge) on a special order 2018. I think this is good, but would appreciate the thoughts of others.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
I just ordered a 2018 GLC. Here is what I got:

GLC300W4

- Selenite Grey Metallic
- Silk Beige MB-Tex
- Dark Linden Wood

- Multimedia Package
- Advanced Parking Assist Package
- Premium Package
- Panorama Roof
- Porcelain Headliner
- Burmester Sound
- Heated Front Seats
- 18 inch 5-spoke wheels

The only thing I am divided about is the Pano Roof vs. Premium 3 (Driving Assistance). Nobody will be in the back seat 99% of the time, so there really does not seem to be a point in getting the Pano Roof. Does not seem to be worth $1500. The extra light is nice, but $1500 for that?

If I drop the Pano roof, I could get the Premium 3 package with Driving Assist/Distronic.
Just be aware that the online MB build is still using MY17 specs and options as far as I know. That system refers to Premium Pkg 3. The MY18 Dealer Order Guide (DOG) does not refer to Premium Package 3. It's called Premium Driver Assistance Code 997. THAT is what you would be ordering in your dealers system.

Just be careful of any differences between the two.

If you don't have access to a MY18 DOG, just let us know.

BTW, although I haven't picked up my car yet, during test drives my wife and I both agreed the Pano (even while closed) just seemed to really make the interior feel more roomy. Particularly since it has the fabric "screen" as opposed to a solid sliding panel. Just a thought.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
The jury is still out on driver assist for me.

While driving in heavy traffic a Porsche cut me off causing the car to brake so hard that I was lifted out of my seat. This was very disconcerting, especially because I had been watching the Porsche driver's erratic driving and had fully anticipated their action. I had already started to apply the brakes when the car took over by braking very hard, even though I am confident I would have avoided any mishap without the car's interference.

I will continue to use the drive assist, but if I have another experience like the above one I may just turn it off and leave it off.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by ted_jane
The jury is still out on driver assist for me.

While driving in heavy traffic a Porsche cut me off causing the car to brake so hard that I was lifted out of my seat. This was very disconcerting, especially because I had been watching the Porsche driver's erratic driving and had fully anticipated their action. I had already started to apply the brakes when the car took over by braking very hard, even though I am confident I would have avoided any mishap without the car's interference.

I will continue to use the drive assist, but if I have another experience like the above one I may just turn it off and leave it off.
I've wondered about that myself. You just confirmed everybody's worst fear in that regard. You wonder if someone might rear end you when that happens. I'll probably take the same approach as you.

But to play devils advocate, suppose you HADN'T seen the Porsche coming and that happened? Would that have saved you from bumping him as he cut in front of you?
Old 07-16-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vaboy
BTW, although I haven't picked up my car yet, during test drives my wife and I both agreed the Pano (even while closed) just seemed to really make the interior feel more roomy. Particularly since it has the fabric "screen" as opposed to a solid sliding panel. Just a thought.
Tedjane, what was your perception about this as you tooled around Europe? Do you think it felt a little less confining?

Also, we sure are hoping it doesn't get hot with just a fabric screen rather than a solid panel. Haven't seen any complaints about that I don't think.

Just wondering.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:56 PM

But to play devils advocate, suppose you HADN'T seen the Porsche coming and that happened? Would that have saved you from bumping him as he cut in front of you?
It is always hard to answer a hypothetical, but I may have just slammed the brakes hard as the car did. With the exception that I would have been prepared for the hard braking.

On the other hand if I had been totally distracted I would have appreciated the car's interference because it most likely would have avoided an accident.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:14 PM

Tedjane, what was your perception about this as you tooled around Europe? Do you think it felt a little less confining?
The incident happened on my last day driving the car in Europe. I was in Stuttgart, after a couple days of driving in Stuttgart I had already determined that Stuttgart drivers are at times some what unpredictable, so I was already on guard. I was headed to the car wash, just before I dropped the car off at the shipper.

I had no issues driving in other large cities, in fact it was a lot of fun. The cities included Paris, Barcelona, and Rome. But I did not remember using driver assist in these cities. So maybe the solution is to leave driver assist off for stop and go city traffic and only use it when on the Highway.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 PM

I got the pano roof mainly because it does brighten the interior. I too was concerned about the fabric screen, but I leave it open most of the time.

Plus I really like the exterior roof appearance with the pano roof. The appearance of the roof is especially noticeable on lighter color GLCs. I think the pano roof makes the car's exterior look more "finished" and high end.

I have the pano roof in my X3, and even though I seldom open it, I keep the screen open because it makes a big difference in the interior brightness.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:53 PM

It is always hard to answer a hypothetical, but I may have just slammed the brakes hard as the car did. With the exception that I would have been prepared for the hard braking.

On the other hand if I had been totally distracted I would have appreciated the car's interference because it most likely would have avoided an accident.
Agree with both comments.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:55 PM

The incident happened on my last day driving the car in Europe. I was in Stuttgart, after a couple days of driving in Stuttgart I had already determined that Stuttgart drivers are at times some what unpredictable, so I was already on guard. I was headed to the car wash, just before I dropped the car off at the shipper.

I had no issues driving in other large cities, in fact it was a lot of fun. The cities included Paris, Barcelona, and Rome. But I did not remember using driver assist in these cities. So maybe the solution is to leave driver assist off for stop and go city traffic and only use it when on the Highway.
So maybe we need to learn how to adapt our driving to use these these sophisticated systems on our fancy cars!
Old 07-16-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
I got the pano roof mainly because it does brighten the interior. I too was concerned about the fabric screen, but I leave it open most of the time.

Plus I really like the exterior roof appearance with the pano roof. The appearance of the roof is especially noticeable on lighter color GLCs. I think the pano roof makes the car's exterior look more "finished" and high end.

I have the pano roof in my X3, and even though I seldom open it, I keep the screen open because it makes a big difference in the interior brightness.
Agreed on both comments 100%.

I have the black headliner. Without the pano roof the black headliner would have made it seem like a cave
Old 07-16-2017, 03:59 PM

I got Polar White, so +1 on the exterior look!

Interior brightness is exactly why we got them on my wife's X3 and my GLC.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:08 PM

Too many to count
I got Polar White, so +1 on the exterior look!

Interior brightness is exactly why we got them on my wife's X3 and my GLC.
I specifically ordered the light headliner for this problem. Black headliner makes it feel like a cave as someone mentioned.

However, if nobody is ever looking out the Pano roof, it feels like a waste. I think I'll take it off the order.

I'm going back to the dealer to drive a car with Driving Assist and Heads Up Display so I can decide once and for all if I want it.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW M235xi
I've stayed away from these sort of roofs mainly due to the fact that historically (all manufacturers) they are a source of rattles and leaks. I assume that is still true? I would like more light...
Old 07-16-2017, 06:57 PM

I should also mention that the guide on the factory tour said the pano roof adds to the car's stability because it makes the body of the car more rigid. He also talked about the special glues MB invented to attach the pano roof. We then watched as robots installed the pano roof on a car (not a GLC), which was really neat.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:04 PM

Too many to count
The dealer told me that previously if you did not get Pano roof on the GLC, you just got a steel roof, but with MY18 and at that, certain production MY18, you get a sunroof. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 07-16-2017, 11:42 PM

The dealer told me that previously if you did not get Pano roof on the GLC, you just got a steel roof, but with MY18 and at that, certain production MY18, you get a sunroof. Can anyone confirm this?
No mention of a sunroof in the Standard Equipment listed in the MY18 DOG I have which was released 6/22/17.

If you think you're getting one if you don't get the pano you should be sure to get your dealer to show it to you on your order. EVERYTHING has a code assigned to it on a MB order, even Standard Equipment, such as the Chrome Roof Rails for example. Even the Owners Manual has a code.

If it's not on the order, you ain't getting it.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:45 PM

Too many to count
No mention of a sunroof in the Standard Equipment listed in the MY18 DOG I have which was released 6/22/17.

If you think you're getting one if you don't get the pano you should be sure to get your dealer to show it to you on your order. EVERYTHING has a code assigned to it on a MB order, even Standard Equipment, such as the Chrome Roof Rails for example. Even the Owners Manual has a code.

If it's not on the order, you ain't getting it.
I asked the dealer to check again and it turns out there is NO standard sunroof. It's the C-Class sedan that will be rolling out a standard sunroof.

I also drove a car WITH driving assist and I was kind of disappointed. On a day with perfect weather and a clean car it kept saying to clean the sensor and there was just a little dust on the front. That would get annoying quickly in the winter with all the muck on the road.

Also, I'm thinking about Head Up Display but my experience with these (in BMWs) is that you can't see it if you have polarized sunglasses on. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 911
Just be aware that the online MB build is still using MY17 specs and options as far as I know. That system refers to Premium Pkg 3. The MY18 Dealer Order Guide (DOG) does not refer to Premium Package 3. It's called Premium Driver Assistance Code 997. THAT is what you would be ordering in your dealers system.

Just be careful of any differences between the two.

If you don't have access to a MY18 DOG, just let us know.
B
Can you please send me the MY18 DOG? Thanks!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300
Also just ordered and have a PO#,

I'm grateful that MY2018 changed some of the packages, I was able to add on the Active LED system without going all in on the $7200 Premium 3 package.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:27 PM

Newest version MY2018

Originally Posted by Porschenut911
Can you please send me the MY18 DOG? Thanks!
The newest version was just posted on the first page of this forum. Look down a little ways and you'll see it.
The following users liked this post:
Porschenut911 (07-17-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered!