GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

TPMS message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 Audi A6, GLC 300 4Matic
TPMS message

Wife and I were out last evening and we had driven about 20ish miles on the car when we received a TPMS message about correcting tire pressure. Graphic in the drivers information area showed that the two rear tires were @ 32 psi while the front pressures were 32 on one side and 33 on the other. Yellow tire caution was also visible on the speedometer. Finished the drive home and took a picture of the display, pressures had changed to 33 both front and 32 both rear. I normally keep the pressures 33 all the way around and check them with a tire gauge every month. I have looked @ TPMS a few times and the pressures are never the same in all four tires. I assumed that was simply variance in the accuracy of the four sensors.

Is the MB TPMS that sensitive that it will alert with a 1 PSI difference?

Anybody else seen this?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250 4matic 2017 Iridium silver, with beige/brown interior.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Robert Sullivan

Anybody else seen this?
Yes, I've experienced it as well. After numerous attempts
to level out the difference between the tires, the alerts
disappeared. But I feel that those alerts are random.
And in Sweden, getting same pressure is a pain...
Those filling devices at the gas station aren't so
exact, & the car always shows other values...

Old 09-09-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 Audi A6, GLC 300 4Matic
Checked tire pressures this morning, all were 32 when cold using pressure gauge. Reset all to 33 with my own compressor and pressure gauge. Drove car 200 yards to get TPMS to show readings and all tires show 32 psi on information display. So, now I know that my pressure gauge and the car system have a 1 psi difference. I will continue to use gauge as primary since I have no way of knowing what TPMS accuracy is and I know gauge is accurate to tenths of a PSI.
And, by the way, the system showed 0 (zero) messages, so TPMS message was automatically cleared.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Checked tire pressures this morning, all were 32 when cold using pressure gauge. Reset all to 33 with my own compressor and pressure gauge. Drove car 200 yards to get TPMS to show readings and all tires show 32 psi on information display. So, now I know that my pressure gauge and the car system have a 1 psi difference. I will continue to use gauge as primary since I have no way of knowing what TPMS accuracy is and I know gauge is accurate to tenths of a PSI.
And, by the way, the system showed 0 (zero) messages, so TPMS message was automatically cleared.
Don't believe 1psi variation make any difference whatsoever! !
Old 09-09-2017, 10:03 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Wife and I were out last evening and we had driven about 20ish miles on the car when we received a TPMS message about correcting tire pressure. Graphic in the drivers information area showed that the two rear tires were @ 32 psi while the front pressures were 32 on one side and 33 on the other. Yellow tire caution was also visible on the speedometer. Finished the drive home and took a picture of the display, pressures had changed to 33 both front and 32 both rear. I normally keep the pressures 33 all the way around and check them with a tire gauge every month. I have looked @ TPMS a few times and the pressures are never the same in all four tires. I assumed that was simply variance in the accuracy of the four sensors.

Anybody else seen this?

I think my reference values were set at 40 on the rears and I manually let air or to get to 38 then to 36 then to 34 and received no warning. Was cold one day and I got the warning because pressure was and 32.

I now have the reference I did myself at 34 so I can keep an eye on it as it does seem very strange that I could drop that low with no warning. Unless the reference was at another value but the tires were at 40 since I received the vehicle so I'm pretty sure that was the value