tire and wheel warranty? Simoniz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
--
tire and wheel warranty? Simoniz?

Hey guys,

So I'm supposed to pick up my GLC Coupe sometime either tomorrow (Monday 9/18/17) or Tuesday (9/19/17).

Before I go to the ring, was hoping to get some opinions on these ... my sales rep mentioned she highly recommends the tire and wheel warranty, as well as Simoniz. Simoniz is basically lifetime paint and fabric protection.

I really do not think Simoniz is going to be worth-it for me as I'll be washing and waxing my car at least once a month -- but any thoughts?

For the Tire and Wheel, I'm reading mixed reviews -- a lot of people say it's God sent, while others say it's a waste of money. I live in New England where roads are known to be not the best; also I have the stock 19" wheels (not 20").

Based on the above, what do you guys think? It the warranty worth it? Also if you got it, how much did you pay for it so I'm not going into the firepit with a blindfold on my eyes.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 GLC 300
Originally Posted by arch85
... For the Tire and Wheel, I'm reading mixed reviews -- a lot of people say it's God sent, while others say it's a waste of money. I live in New England where roads are known to be not the best; also I have the stock 19" wheels (not 20").
I also live in New England, where granite curbs are real wheel killers. I originally bought the tire and wheel warranty but cancelled it after a couple of weeks and got my money back. Here's why: on previous cars my right-side wheels got all scraped up by curbs because I couldn't judge where the curb was and the tires on my sedans were low profile enough to put the wheels below curb height, right in the scrape zone, much of the time. But after getting my GLC I realized that the surround view camera (did you get the surround view?) enables me to see where the curb is and the taller sidewalls raise the wheel out of harm's way much of the time anyway. I haven't had a single wheel scrape since getting the GLC.

If you are still unsure, you can always get the warranty and then cancel it if your experience is similar to mine.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:05 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
No way! To both!

The thing to do: drive with care, park with care.......if you must eat in there, eat with care.......it's within your power to not spill food, curb wheels etc.....

Now go laugh in their face and say NO thanx!

Good luck
Old 09-17-2017, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well...

The "value" of Wheel & Tire protection in part depends on your past expereince.. some people are scrapers/gougers - and the design of today's wheels many can't be repaired correctly so require replacement - some have had prior blown tires and with extended mobility tires a bit more costly to replace...
Old 09-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 GLC300
You can just get the warranty for the run flat tires. From Discount Tires, they were around $140 and pays for itself if you have just one flat tire that can't be repaired.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
--
Thank you so much guys! Picked up my GLC Coupe today!

Just said no to all the options -- finance manager was definitely not happy