18 GLC 300 COUPE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW X4
18 GLC 300 COUPE

Hello everyone!

New member here. I'm currently shopping for a GLC 300 coupe, coming out of a BMW X4. I'll be brand new to the Mercedes family, so I am unfamiliar with their trends on deals and such.

I'm in NJ, close to Manhattan and was wondering what kind of deals are there to be had (if any) with the GLC coupe? I visited a local dealership and the sales associate told me it'd be best to wait for the winter event but I'd like to lock into a modifiable build to get exactly what I'd want.

Is the 8-10% bar off MSRP too high for this car? Or will I be looking at undesirable lease terms. I will be doing MSDs (unfortunately BMW did away with their deposit program) and 0 down.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys!

Old 09-26-2017, 03:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
--
Originally Posted by kmercy
Hello everyone!

New member here. I'm currently shopping for a GLC 300 coupe, coming out of a BMW X4. I'll be brand new to the Mercedes family, so I am unfamiliar with their trends on deals and such.

I'm in NJ, close to Manhattan and was wondering what kind of deals are there to be had (if any) with the GLC coupe? I visited a local dealership and the sales associate told me it'd be best to wait for the winter event but I'd like to lock into a modifiable build to get exactly what I'd want.

Is the 8-10% bar off MSRP too high for this car? Or will I be looking at undesirable lease terms. I will be doing MSDs (unfortunately BMW did away with their deposit program) and 0 down.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys!

Welcome! I picked up my GLC 300 Coupe just last week! Love it!

I believe someone else mentioned they got 8% off in the NY NJ area; I forget who exactly it was. I got 10% off in MA from multiple dealerships; so if you're ok with driving up here, I would be more than happy to share my sales reps info.

I really don't think it matters too much whether it's a SUV or Coupe version regarding discount. The sales guys will try to tell you there's only x amount of Coupes for Y amount of SUVs, but the demand is more for SUVs accordingly.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-26-2017, 04:07 PM

BMW X4
Originally Posted by arch85

I believe someone else mentioned they got 8% off in the NY NJ area; I forget who exactly it was. I got 10% off in MA from multiple dealerships; so if you're ok with driving up here, I would be more than happy to share my sales reps info.

I really don't think it matters too much whether it's a SUV or Coupe version regarding discount. The sales guys will try to tell you there's only x amount of Coupes for Y amount of SUVs, but the demand is more for SUVs accordingly.

Hope that helps!
Thank you! I actually got my BMW in MA. The dealers in NJ were terrible to deal with so I have no problem driving up there.

Can you kindly send me your dealer’s info? I want to lock in a car within the next week or two to make sure it’s here by December.

Again, thank you!
Old 09-28-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLC Coupe
I have a few friends in the car leasing business, if you want, reach out to me and I'll give you their info

I got my coupe through European Delivery in February, right as they were coming out. Got a 10% discount off MSRP. The payment came out to be $629+tx, with everything in the payment including $1000 for wheel protection.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 AMG GLE 53 Coupe
REVIEW OF YOUR COUPE

Originally Posted by arch85

Hope that helps!
HI, I'm considering making my next car the coupe. Can you please share your thoughts of your coupe. I'd really like to get an owners perspective on the coupe.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 12:36 PM

BMW X4
Ended up getting about 9.3% off a custom order near me in Manhattan. MSRP 55125, Negotiated to 50,000. Everyone else i dealt with either didn't budge or couldn't come close within my area.

Car should get here in December, just in time for the winter event. Hopefully the numbers are better and there are incentives *fingers crossed*

Can't wait! First Mercedes, coming from BMW.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:24 PM

2017 GLC Coupe
Originally Posted by Chef Ray
HI, I'm considering making my next car the coupe. Can you please share your thoughts of your coupe. I'd really like to get an owners perspective on the coupe.

Thanks
I love mine. Its a combination of exactly what I wanted. Coupe style, SUV ride height. Fast enough for me, even though its only a 300.

Anything specific you want to know?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 GLC 4MATIC
Did any of you seen it with panoramic roof? I have a hard time to find one.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 AMG GLE 53 Coupe
thanks for reply

Originally Posted by zhenyaf
I love mine. Its a combination of exactly what I wanted. Coupe style, SUV ride height. Fast enough for me, even though its only a 300.

Anything specific you want to know?
I think you hit it right on. Thanks for your fast reply
Old 10-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC300 Coupe
Originally Posted by DanD.
Did any of you seen it with panoramic roof? I have a hard time to find one.
On the coupe? Doesn't exist, unfortunately. I'm going to do a gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof though, so at least the exterior looks better.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC 4MATIC
Originally Posted by shadownddust
On the coupe? Doesn't exist, unfortunately. I'm going to do a gloss black vinyl wrap on the roof though, so at least the exterior looks better.
I was afraid of this. I really like the car look and panoramic roof would be perfect addition to it.
Maybe next year model get this option.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:59 PM

2017 GLC Coupe
I was afraid of this. I really like the car look and panoramic roof would be perfect addition to it.
Maybe next year model get this option.
My Acura ZDX had a panoramic roof...if Acura can figure out, I wonder why Mercedes cant
Old 10-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC300 Coupe
Originally Posted by zhenyaf
My Acura ZDX had a panoramic roof...if Acura can figure out, I wonder why Mercedes cant
There's a ZDX in the my parking garage and everytime I walk past it, I think it looks awesome. Honestly, if they still made them, it would have been a strong candidate for me. Even the Accord Crosstour was a good looking car to me (last car was an Accord Coupe). Both were just ahead of their time...
Old 10-13-2017, 01:17 PM

2017 GLC Coupe
Originally Posted by shadownddust
There's a ZDX in the my parking garage and everytime I walk past it, I think it looks awesome. Honestly, if they still made them, it would have been a strong candidate for me. Even the Accord Crosstour was a good looking car to me (last car was an Accord Coupe). Both were just ahead of their time...
up up until the GLC it was the favorite car I’ve ever owned. Like you, if they made them and GLC didn’t exist, I would have one right now
Old 10-16-2017, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC 4MATIC
Speaking of panoramic roofs.
After reading this
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...er-study-finds

I have my second thoughts
Old 10-17-2017, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC 4MATIC
I have a quick question:
How different is the GLC LED headlights vs ML BiXenon?
Is it really much better or slightly better or not even noticeable ))?
Old 10-18-2017, 06:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC43 AMG
I never had an ML, but I can tell you there is clearly a difference between Xenon and LED headlights. My G35 and my dad's GS350 have pretty nice xenon lights, but with the LED's on the GLC the light is so perfectly uniform and brilliant, with a beautiful cutoff. I don't even have the active LED's, which other members claim is even better.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
I have a quick question:
How different is the GLC LED headlights vs ML BiXenon?
Is it really much better or slightly better or not even noticeable ))?
I've never had ML either but I have a GLK which has BiXenon. The GLC's LEDs are much brighter than the GLK's BiXenons.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC 4MATIC
Thank you. Good information. I guess Im getting older and need more light now. Actually I newer was impressed with MB BiXenon light with stock or after bulb swap for Osram Cool Blue 6K.
Im sure GLK has the same D1S bulbs.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
Thank you. Good information. I guess Im getting older and need more light now. Actually I newer was impressed with MB BiXenon light with stock or after bulb swap for Osram Cool Blue 6K.
The eye docs can provide the backup data about nite vision loss at certain age levels. In the real world, age is a big big factor in night driving. I think better headlight output/pattern plus nite driving (aka 'shooting' or yello) glasses would go a long way in providing better night time vision.

ez
Old 10-18-2017, 10:37 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
i havent compared the LED to standard on the GLC but i must say the GLC active headlamps are tremendous. very white very bright light. the auto high beam is great. not a cheap options by any means but i highly recommend it even at the high price.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts
2021 GLE 450, 2017 GLC 300 4Matic, 2008 FJ Cruiser
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
i havent compared the LED to standard on the GLC but i must say the GLC active headlamps are tremendous. very white very bright light. the auto high beam is great. not a cheap options by any means but i highly recommend it even at the high price.
+1...once you go led especially active led you never go back to anything else.