De-badging Option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 350e
De-badging Option

Dear all GLC fans and owners.

I´m planning to submit a purchase order for a GLC Coupe next month. I've seen couple of images online with no badges at the rear ("GLC 300" - "4 Matic" etc.). I wonder if anybody know how to request the badges not to be put on during manufacturing.

I´ve seen people talking about "Code 260" on a different thread on this site. Does anybody know if this also applies to GLC orders?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:16 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC 43, MITSUBISHI PHEV, BMW Z1
I have GLC 43 and wanted it debadged ( back and flanks). Personal view but think it looks much cleaner and like the "Q" car appeal.
It wasn't available as a factory option in the UK although it is available in Germany (if you spec on the website) - and probably the option code you mention. It is no-cost. It is much more common there - they like understatement (as do I).
I ordered through a broker with a large cash discount so didn't have much leverage for a "special" order.
However, no great drama as the badges are simply stuck on and some combo of hairdryer/dental floss will get them off. The guy who did my Gtechniq protection took mine off.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300 4Matic, Sport+Night
Badge Removal + Side Badge

It wasn't an option for me in the USA. I asked.

However, I did remove them myself. Dish washing liquid and lots of patience, on a hot day (or heat it a bit). I'm sure Google has better instructions. I love the cleaner look look.

I did add the side badges -- found black "Turbo - 4 Matic" on ebay (GLC 300 is turbo, AMG is Bi-Turbo).
The following users liked this post:
bogganero (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 03:40 PM

GLC 350e
I will be placing the order with the official Mercedes retailer in Austria.

As I´ve been mastering the configurator on the German site to customize my Coupe 350e, I was a bit surprised to hear that this could be selected in the configuration. Had never seen this option on the German site. So I checked again, and apparently this option "Wegfall Typkennzeichen auf Heckdeckel" is indeed available for GLC 43, Petrol and Diesel models... but NOT for 350e. I wonder if that´s a marketing thing to promote the hybrid model.

I need to ask my local dealer about this.

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 4matic
You can remove the badges yourself using a heat gun in about 10 minutes - see my post - "Painted All of The Black Plastic Trim"
Old 11-02-2017, 05:49 AM

GLC 350e
Thanks. I´ll have a look.

In case anybody else is wondering... I just got it confirmed from my contact point at Mercedes that hybrid models must have their labels on (i.e. in my case GLC 350e). Not an option to order hybrid models without the badges. Apparently they are very strict on this. It´s optional for all other models (at least in Europe).