Questions regarding options for a new order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLK
Questions regarding options for a new order

I'm new here.

I currently have a 2015 GLK 4Matic. I'm going to replace it with a 2018 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic.

It looks like I'm going to have to order my new 2018 GLC300 SUV 4Matic, because there is not one in the country that matches what I'm looking for.

I have two questions about certain options (whether I should get them, or not). It's a little confusing, and my local dealers can't seem to provide any convincing/accurate answers.

So here goes:

1) Does the 2018 GLC300 SUV 4Matic come standard with any form of navigation (The "COMAND SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION" Code 531)? Or do I need to order the $2,200 "Multi-Media Package"(Code 320) in order to get Navigation? What exactly is the "standard" COMAND SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION...and how does it differ from the optional Multi-Media Package?

2) Does the 2018 GLC300 SUV 4Matic come standard with any form of "Driver Assist" features? Blind-Spot? Pre-Crash? etc. Or do I need to order the $3,150 PREMIUM DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE (Code 997) in order to get any type of "Crash Avoidence" specifically? What's the difference between what " Crash Avoidence" capabilities comes standard...and the PREMIUM DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE?

I think that does it for now. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2017, 09:53 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by cadenton
I'm new here.

I currently have a 2015 GLK 4Matic. I'm going to replace it with a 2018 GLC 300 SUV 4Matic.

It looks like I'm going to have to order my new 2018 GLC300 SUV 4Matic, because there is not one in the country that matches what I'm looking for.

I have two questions about certain options (whether I should get them, or not). It's a little confusing, and my local dealers can't seem to provide any convincing/accurate answers.

So here goes:

1) Does the 2018 GLC300 SUV 4Matic come standard with any form of navigation (The "COMAND SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION" Code 531)? Or do I need to order the $2,200 "Multi-Media Package"(Code 320) in order to get Navigation? What exactly is the "standard" COMAND SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION...and how does it differ from the optional Multi-Media Package?

2) Does the 2018 GLC300 SUV 4Matic come standard with any form of "Driver Assist" features? Blind-Spot? Pre-Crash? etc. Or do I need to order the $3,150 PREMIUM DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE (Code 997) in order to get any type of "Crash Avoidence" specifically? What's the difference between what " Crash Avoidence" capabilities comes standard...and the PREMIUM DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE?

I think that does it for now. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
1. if you don't get COMAND you get an SD card with navigation. i think the dealer charges $800. looks like a garmin system
2. included as stock is some pretty good safety features. such as brake assist which in emergency situation will help press brakes harder for you and i believe beeps if you are getting to close to car in front of you or a pedestrian. With premium driver assistance you get adaptive cruise and ability for car to move the wheel to stay in lane. also if it sees you drifting to another lane will beep and then if needed will guide you back. bl;ind spot assist i believe is available as a seperate option

if you go to build and price you can see what the package offers and is standalone.
The following users liked this post:
cadenton (11-11-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 11:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300
Originally Posted by cadenton
I found this confusing as well. From what I remember when talking to my dealership,

GLC comes standard with Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which I believe is auto-braking up to 65mph vs other cars / large objects, not pedestrians. Pre-safe is also standard, which tightens seatbelts/rollsup windows.

Almost standard is Blind Spot Assist, becomes it comes with Premium package ($1350) which is on every car they sell, seems like a baseline package they put on. Has keyless and and the 115V power outlet. The 2017s & older also had P2 & P3, but it's been broken up in 2018+.

Premium Driver Assistance adds Distronic, and the Distronic braking can detect pedestrians. There's also active lane keeping and generally all the driver assistance features.
cadenton (11-11-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If you are in the US - a OK place to start is mbusa.com under "Build-Your-Own" under GLC - yes, you want 4matic if you have it on your GLK - and frankly the packages are different for the GLC than your GLK.

- COMAND gives you MB voice-control Nav - but more-and-more customers prefer no-COMAND and get Premium Package and SmartPhone Integration which allows you to use your cell system.

Now - it is quite/quite possible there will be a GLC in the Mercedes pipeline that will be - or be close to - what you "want" - if you are not looking to go too "exstensive" on features and/or Designo interior..
cadenton (11-11-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
The standard car is pre-configured for SD card navigation. You just purchase the SD card to add that function. Or get the standard car and add smartphone integration to use your smartphone's navigation. Your other option is to spend the money for the Multimedia Package.

Regarding safety systems, you basically have two choices. Order the standard car and include the premium package, which is what almost everyone does as described above, and you end up with collision prevention with automatic braking along with blind spot alert. This is enough for many people. To get all safety systems you will need to spend the money for the Premium Driving Assistance pack.

You will not regret ordering the car and getting exactly what you want. As long as you don't mind waiting 2-3 months for your car to arrive, it is very satisfying to have the exact car you want and knowing that you didn't pay for anything extra that you didn't want.
The following 2 users liked this post by mtberman:
cadenton (11-11-2017), NRW2018 (11-22-2017)