GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Dealerships and service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Dealerships and service

Is there any real advantage to having warranty work done at the dealership where you bought the vehicle versus somewhere else?

I bought the vehicle an hour awa, and there is a dealer 10 minutes from me I can go to. I really like where I purchased the vehicle and had service there done once, liked the service department as well, but if I go and they don't have a part to fix the job I'm in for 2 hours of driving to go back and forth again ( and just found when I tried to book an appointment they don't have loaners - was very surprised at that!). Main concern is I'm going in for the brake squeal and many posts seem to indicate parts weren't available first time or they squealed again after the fix.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:35 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
2021 GLE 450, 2017 GLC 300 4Matic, 2008 FJ Cruiser
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
Is there any real advantage to having warranty work done at the dealership where you bought the vehicle versus somewhere else?

I bought the vehicle an hour awa, and there is a dealer 10 minutes from me I can go to. I really like where I purchased the vehicle and had service there done once, liked the service department as well, but if I go and they don't have a part to fix the job I'm in for 2 hours of driving to go back and forth again ( and just found when I tried to book an appointment they don't have loaners - was very surprised at that!). Main concern is I'm going in for the brake squeal and many posts seem to indicate parts weren't available first time or they squealed again after the fix.
take it to your nearest dealer for warranty and maintenance service. If your worried take off the license paper and frame of other dealers name if car still is new. Other than that doesn’t matter where you go. Become friends with the service advisor if he/she are nice and you’ll have a good long relationship with him/her.

Last edited by Sigp232; 11-26-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLC300, 13 PorscheC4S, 12 Porsche Cayman S
The delivering dealer is available in their system if they are interested. Also should be noted in the maintenance manual if the selling dealer filled that out. If the close dealer has a good shop, by all means use them. They should be happy to work on the car, and if you develop a good relationship with them as Sigp says, maybe your next purchase will be from them.