GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Speaker Rattle/Buzz in 2018 GLC 300

Old 12-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Speaker Rattle/Buzz in 2018 GLC 300

Hey all, just checking in to see if anyone else has had this problem. I have a 2018 GLC 300 with the base sound system that I bought in October. When driving I get a very annoying buzzing/vibrating sound from the speaker on the driver's side rear door. The sound is intermittent, but seems to occur more when listening to podcasts or talk shows. The sound goes away if I pause the music I'm listening to, and turning the volume up seems to make the vibration worse (though the music starts to drown it out at some point).

I've taken the car to the dealer twice to try to fix the problem. The first time they said they couldn't recreate the problem (they didn't try driving the car), and the second time they replaced the speaker, but the problem has persisted. It seems like probably a speaker housing issue rather than a speaker problem, but I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with a similar issue. I have found threads from 2015 where people had this problem, but nothing recently. I'm taking the car back to the dealer in January, and it would be nice to say whether anyone else has found a fix for a similar problem.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 GLC300
I've not had this problem; however, I have had the problem where the volume spikes when using XM. I went into settings and disabled the feature whereby the volume adjusts with speed. That fixed the problem. We had the dealer check out our problem but it came back as "operation check normal". So, I just disengaged the feature and it cured our problem.

Your problem obviously cannot simply be "disengaged", unless you literally unplug the speaker.