GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2016 glc 300 tire question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc 300
2016 glc 300 tire question

I have a 2016 glc 300 with 17k miles, the dealership said it was Time for new tires. I was in shock at first, this being my first luxury brand car. Am I required to go with the run flat tire or any tire that the dealership offers? Or can I just go to a third-party to get a new tires. The service dealer told me that glc must have performance tires on it to handle the weight. I wondering if I could choose another option for my new tires. Like atleast one that might get me 40k or so in tread life.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:10 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by James McDaniel
I have a 2016 glc 300 with 17k miles, the dealership said it was Time for new tires. I was in shock at first, this being my first luxury brand car. Am I required to go with the run flat tire or any tire that the dealership offers? Or can I just go to a third-party to get a new tires. The service dealer told me that glc must have performance tires on it to handle the weight. I wondering if I could choose another option for my new tires. Like atleast one that might get me 40k or so in tread life.
there are many threads on tires there are a few long ones which have a lot of info
you do not have to replace with run flat. but then you have no spare you will need some sort of backup plan in case of a flat.
if you have the 18" tires there are few options. 19" seem to have a couple more options but still not a lot
as for performance - depends on how you plan on driving as to what tires you want to get.
performance tires more money so i'm sure the dealership will sway you that way