GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

QUESTION: Apple CarPlay and Distronic Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
QUESTION: Apple CarPlay and Distronic Plus

Hello, upon configuring my glc 300, it seems like i can't have both **Smartphone Integration** or **PARKTRONICS** with **DISTRONIC PLUS** at the same time?
Does the Premium Driver Assistance Package automatically includes Advanced Parking Assist Package and Smartphone Integration?

Last edited by tichx; 01-22-2018 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 188 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
You don't really need the phone kit they sell. Bluetooth and USB work fine. I think the smartphone integration is a standalone item. Also, you may be locked into a brand of phone.....(not 100% on that but others will chime in).
Old 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic (traded in 2016 GLC300)
The Premium driver assist package does not include or require the advanced parking assist package, but it does require the Multimedia package. You can indeed order the "smartphone integration package" (CarPlay/Android Auto) along with the advanced parking assist package (which includes Parktronics, 360-view, hands free trunk open). Distronics Plus with Steering Adjust is available only in the Premium Driver Assist package.

You CANNOT get CarPlay/Android Auto with either the Multimedia package (COMMAND Navigation) OR the Premium Driver Assist Package!!!

The MB website for building your car should be clear about these restrictions when you select various options.

Last edited by GaryOkie; 01-22-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic (traded in 2016 GLC300)
@rorywquin - While it's true the optional smartphone integration package isn't needed for smartphone bluetooth calling and music playing (which is standard), it absolutely is needed for CarPlay/Android Auto. It is a $350 standalone option, but oddly cannot be ordered with either the premium driver assist or multimedia packages.

I have not seen anywhere a mention of being locked into a particular brand of phone. Many YouTube videos that demonstrated CarPlay and Android Auto on the 2018 GLC 300 showed considerable versatility and ease of use. For example, you can configure the system to automatically start CarPlay when you plug in an iPhone into the Data USB port. Ditto for an Android phone.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tichx
Hello, upon configuring my glc 300, it seems like i can't have both **Smartphone Integration** or **PARKTRONICS** with **DISTRONIC PLUS** at the same time?
Does the Premium Driver Assistance Package automatically includes Advanced Parking Assist Package and Smartphone Integration?
No it's not included. The Driver Assistance Package requires the COMAND Navigation package (whatever it's called), and the latter precludes you from getting the Smartphone Integration features.
The online configurator, when you select Driver Assistance, also precludes you from getting Parking Assist, but my dealership was able to order it on their system.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 188 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
Originally Posted by GaryOkie
@rorywquin - While it's true the optional smartphone integration package isn't needed for smartphone bluetooth calling and music playing (which is standard), it absolutely is needed for CarPlay/Android Auto. It is a $350 standalone option, but oddly cannot be ordered with either the premium driver assist or multimedia packages.

I have not seen anywhere a mention of being locked into a particular brand of phone. Many YouTube videos that demonstrated CarPlay and Android Auto on the 2018 GLC 300 showed considerable versatility and ease of use. For example, you can configure the system to automatically start CarPlay when you plug in an iPhone into the Data USB port. Ditto for an Android phone.
Yep ---- I was thinking of "convenience telephony 386 " which was about £300 extra. I have 14U (SMART PHONE INTEGRATION) as standard and the COMAND system also standard on the SL for me without having to buy any extras (wouldn't pay to get CarPlay). I also have the full drivers assist package (distronic plus, automatic parking, lane keeping, led smart lights etc etc )

Last edited by rorywquin; 01-25-2018 at 03:02 AM.