GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Are front seats different in support red w/ black vs leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 AMG GLC 43
Are front seats different in support red w/ black vs leather

I am looking to purchase a 2018 AMG GLC 43 in Brilliant Blue. I am considering the black w/ red stitching in leather vs. saddle brown leather. I was able to see each interior at 2 different dealership and the saddle brown appears to be much less snug and supportive. There appears to be more of a lateral bolstering on the black w/ red stitching leather seats. The dealers say there is no difference but I could clearly feel a difference. Short of getting the cars side by side or bringing a tape measure with me to each dealership, I am seeing if anyone has info on this. My first choice in color is saddle brown but I liked the support better on the black w/ red stitching leather (and this was not MB-tex DINAMICA).
Old 02-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
Might be. The seat panels are different between the brown and black. More thinner panels on the brown (and my beige). You can see the difference on the web site when you build the model.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 AMG GLC 43
Thanks for the reply glassbloke. You are correct and it is clear now to see looking at it online when building a car. In addition, after getting a second car in, the Salesman and Sales Manager of Mercedes were both shocked to learn that there is a difference b/t the black w/ red stitching (true sports seats) and all the other leather (black, saddle brown, espresso brown, and beige) seats. The lateral bolstering on the black w/ red stitching is in tighter to the rib cage, extends further forward by several inches, and has less of a flare laterally so it stays snug. The other seat is still a great seat and ultimately I am going w/ the saddle brown for the contrast w/ the brilliant blue. I hope this posts helps anyone in the future so they don't have to go crazy like I did on this one.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:26 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by rnilan
Thanks for the reply glassbloke. You are correct and it is clear now to see looking at it online when building a car. In addition, after getting a second car in, the Salesman and Sales Manager of Mercedes were both shocked to learn that there is a difference b/t the black w/ red stitching (true sports seats) and all the other leather (black, saddle brown, espresso brown, and beige) seats. The lateral bolstering on the black w/ red stitching is in tighter to the rib cage, extends further forward by several inches, and has less of a flare laterally so it stays snug. The other seat is still a great seat and ultimately I am going w/ the saddle brown for the contrast w/ the brilliant blue. I hope this posts helps anyone in the future so they don't have to go crazy like I did on this one.
interesting. my guess is in order to minimize different number of components they made some colors the same design as the standard build. much like AMG with heated steering wheel gets a round wheel, rather thank making a flat bottom heated one

would be nice if the website mentioned that, and / or they let the dealers know