BRABUS B25.2 PowerXtra CGI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC250 4MATIC
BRABUS B25.2 PowerXtra CGI

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, I purchased the GLC250 4MATIC and waiting for it to be delivered.
Last few weeks I've been investigation the BRABUS B25.2 PowerXtra Box which adds 34HP and 50Nm, but the warranty is tricky. If the module is installed before the registration of the car (or on the same day) you get 120.000KM or 4 years warranty from BRABUS for the engine. And 3 years for the Box itself.
The rest should be still on MB warranty, but that's the tricky part. It's not written officially anywhere, but in the past there were no issues with it, of something, other then the engine, got broken.

I'm thinking how much more power does the Box really give you. On paper the acceleration to 100km/h is not that much better - 7.0s comparing to stock 7.3s. The torque is noticeable better - 400Nm comparing to stock 350Nm, but there is no data what's the difference in responsiveness and acceleration from, let say, 80 - 120km/h.

Anyone has the Box from BRABUS and can comment on the performance? Is it noticeable better from the stock version?
The module itself is not cheap, but I would pay it if the gain is noticeable, although the warranty issues worry me too.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by littledragon; 03-07-2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-08-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C200
I've been running the Brabus 20.2 PowerExtra in my 2017 C200 for the last couple of months. I too was a little concerned about the warranty situation but my mind was put at rest by Mercedes Benz Brooklands (in the UK) and so far I have had zero issues.

As for the performance, before the installation the performance of the 2.0 petrol unit was adequate during normal driving conditions. You'd never really want for more just driving normally. However, I always felt that when trying to push the car (especially at the higher speeds 50mph+) the car just ran out at 4000rpm. It made more noise but that was about it. I can't quite explain it but I always felt the car was being held back and frankly (to me) felt underpowered for a 2.0 petrol.

Post installation, the engine revs cleanly through the range and importantly pulls very strongly all the way round now. At 225bhp and an extra 30nm of torque, it's not Golf R fast by any means but I no longer feel the car is under powered and I am 100% pleased with the results. I could have achieved more with a software remap (and set light to the warranty in the process) but I don't think it would have suited the cars nature.

The icing on the cake was throwing the C200 badge in the bin and replacing it with a Brabus one (on the left as it should be)
Old 03-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC300
What would this do to the factory warranty? It's a roughly $2000 investment, has anyone read anything about this on the GLC300?

thanks!
gh