GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Current Three Recalls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 09:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Current Three Recalls

This morning I took the GLC 300 to Carousel Motors, Iowa City to have two recalls completed (Headlight Aiming & Steering Colum Clock Spring or Ground connection)
Service Adviser advised that there was a 3rd Recall regarding a software update. The number from the repair invoice was 2017080006, Fuel System Control Unit - Software.
Anyone have further details regarding this Fuel System recall?
Great service from this Mercedes Sales and Service -
Old 03-15-2018, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 4Matic
Funny you mention the fuel system work. I took mine in to my dealer today for other work and he said they needed to do a software update. When asked what it was for, he said that there have been issues with the fuel system causing the check engine light to come on. He was very busy so I did not get a chance to pursue it further. They did the update, but I can't tell any difference. If there is a recall, you should be able to find it on the web.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:38 AM

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C43
Just picked my car up the other day for the two recalls above, including a seatbelt one where they replaced both front belts. See below for the list of recalls/service campaigned performed.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W115
I think they (MB service) have been very helpful at least for me. I have just read an article that talks about lemon law at https://www.lemberglaw.com/lemon-law-lawyers-attorneys/. It might be helpful for anyone who have similar problems with their cars but doesn't get some satisfying services from the dealer or service center.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC
Anyone know if these recalls affect the 2018’s also? I’ve yet to hear about any recalls.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Originally Posted by carnutt
Anyone know if these recalls affect the 2018’s also? I’ve yet to hear about any recalls.
I just got an email from CarFax saying my '18 GLC300 has a recall (no remedy yet) for some issue with the rear seat belts. I went to the MBUSA web site and couldn't even get it to show my vehicle after entering the VIN. Their Gotcha (I'm not a robot) verification is something I've never seen (like playing pictionary).
Old 03-26-2018, 08:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 gl450
Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
I just got an email from CarFax saying my '18 GLC300 has a recall (no remedy yet) for some issue with the rear seat belts. I went to the MBUSA web site and couldn't even get it to show my vehicle after entering the VIN. Their Gotcha (I'm not a robot) verification is something I've never seen (like playing pictionary).
Yeah, there is a seat belt recall. I found out when I went to pick up my new GLC on Friday and was told they could not release the car to me due to a recall that just come in that morning. Found out the next day it was due to a rear seat belt issue. The dealership told me the part will be in on Thursday, so will be picking up the car on Friday.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe, Iridium silver; 2017 GLC 300
Originally Posted by aaronpatrick01
Just picked my car up the other day for the two recalls above, including a seatbelt one where they replaced both front belts. See below for the list of recalls/service campaigned performed.

I got these recalls however the seatbelt issue was NOT the belts themselves, but the explosive charges that initiate the quick tightening in the event of a crash. Had to wait several days for these parts as they were not
in stock and was told fedex could not air ship them due to safety reasons. The recall notice from MB verifies that it was in fact these devices, not the belts themselves.
I have the base 2017 GLC300
Old 03-27-2018, 11:48 AM

2018 GLC 300 4Matic
How can I check if my 2018 GLC 300 4Matic is affected? I entered my VIN on the NHTSA site but it says there are no recalls.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC 300 4MATIC
I just traded in for a GLC 2018 and the car is being held for the seatbelt recall. I don't think the seatbelt recall is widely known yet. I suppose it's better to have them first that first before releasing it to us, though we are anxious to get into the car. (Unless this is a separate seatbelt issue. The date associated with the recall seems a bit distant past).

The posted invoice seems to reference the front seatbelts, though the initial mention (and from my sales associate) was that it was the rear.

We're driving a GLC loaner, and I'd bet it doesn't have the seatbelt fix installed yet either.

Last edited by waylo; 03-29-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:42 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by nywe12
Yeah, there is a seat belt recall. I found out when I went to pick up my new GLC on Friday and was told they could not release the car to me due to a recall that just come in that morning. Found out the next day it was due to a rear seat belt issue. The dealership told me the part will be in on Thursday, so will be picking up the car on Friday.
Afternoon, did you ever pick your vehicle up that was being held at the dealership for the recall issue?. I tried to pick mine up on Monday and they would release it to me either, because of the recall. I asked him this question two weeks ago while haggling over price, and they said it was an issue. Fast forward to Monday and now it's an issue. So I told them politely, if I'm to come back to this dealer to pick up any car from you at all. It better be a deal that gives me a cavity when I come to pick it up, that's how sweet it better be.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 gl450
Originally Posted by Mikeamg43
Afternoon, did you ever pick your vehicle up that was being held at the dealership for the recall issue?. I tried to pick mine up on Monday and they would release it to me either, because of the recall. I asked him this question two weeks ago while haggling over price, and they said it was an issue. Fast forward to Monday and now it's an issue. So I told them politely, if I'm to come back to this dealer to pick up any car from you at all. It better be a deal that gives me a cavity when I come to pick it up, that's how sweet it better be.
Yeah, I picked the car up about 2 weeks ago.