GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Deal on 2019 GLC Coupe Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Toyota
Deal on 2019 GLC Coupe Order

I’m located south of DC. I have an offer for 7% off MSRP, plus all-weather mats and cargo mats thrown in, for a 2019 GLC Coupe. TrueCar and Edmunds both say 6% is a good deal for the DC area prices. How would you rate this deal based on your knowledge and experience?

(I’m still working with another dealer and have 2 more I can contact over the border in North Carolina.)
Old 03-30-2018, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
You're fine - 9% on a 2019 Coupe is righteous discount - just make sure your Coupe is ordered with the exact options you want - as long as that is done you will be very/very happy !

Between now and delivery - consider joining PenFed - if you don't qualify on your own background - online membership in one of the PenFed recommended non-profits qualifies you for PenFed membership - in addition to being in PenFed's backyard - consider joining PenFed for two reasons : (1) you "might" pickup a additional $500 Fleet Certificate at time of delivery to lay down on top the deal - (2) if you plan to finance - PenFed has very competitive new car rates you can use to double-check/shop for financing on delivery as well

Keep the beat !
Old 03-31-2018, 12:01 PM

Toyota
Thanks so much for your reply!

I just received another offer; this time it’s for 5% discount of MSRP. Two dealers have claimed that their margin is only around 6%. I’m still waiting for response from one more.

How does the PenFed discount work—dealer discretion? Do I just bring it up at delivery? Or should I ask when I know it is on its way to the dealership?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If it was me - I would bring up added Fleet Discount on delivery
Old 04-04-2018, 01:20 AM

Toyota
Another Offer & Problem with Order

I received an offer of 8% off today. Maybe I will get up to 9%!

I am trying to see if my interior choices are configurable. I chose Silk Beige/Black upholstery, Porcelain headliner and the Natural Grain Ash trim. I’m being told that I can only have a Black headliner with Beige leather—yuck! But the MY19 pamphlet reads that Porcelain headliner is available with Beige leather. I believe the story that Black only headliner is an error or is due to a glitch in the system. I was also told that the Dark Linden Wood is the only option with Beige leather, but I can live with that.

Initially I was wrongly told that to have leather at all, I would have to add the sport package. Two reps were working together coming up with this stuff. I hope there are more competent salespeople out there than I am running into. And I hope they dig to uncover the issue of the black headliner with a light interior!
Old 04-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Sheddah
I received an offer of 8% off today. Maybe I will get up to 9%!

I am trying to see if my interior choices are configurable. I chose Silk Beige/Black upholstery, Porcelain headliner and the Natural Grain Ash trim. I’m being told that I can only have a Black headliner with Beige leather—yuck! But the MY19 pamphlet reads that Porcelain headliner is available with Beige leather. I believe the story that Black only headliner is an error or is due to a glitch in the system. I was also told that the Dark Linden Wood is the only option with Beige leather, but I can live with that.

Initially I was wrongly told that to have leather at all, I would have to add the sport package. Two reps were working together coming up with this stuff. I hope there are more competent salespeople out there than I am running into. And I hope they dig to uncover the issue of the black headliner with a light interior!
Here's the prelim 2019 GLC Coupe DOG. There is probably a newer one, but this should help. It looks like on page 15 you CAN get Silk Beige/Black leather with Porcelain headliner...although Page 14 is confusing, as well, but I'm guessing it's wrong because there is no 225 leather interior available that I can see.

Your offers are pretty good, but the GLC is in a very competitive segment. Pick a % off you will finalize the deal with and tell whatever dealer you want to work with you will buy the car today (meaning a deposit for your order) with that discount. You can still save the Penfed fleet discount until delivery and normally get that, as well. I made my deal with $1k Penfed fleet discount up front, but when my car arrived it had moved to $1500 and they honored that when I asked for the extra $500. Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MY19 GLC Coupe - 2-23-18.pdf (4.80 MB, 290 views)
Old 04-04-2018, 04:44 PM

Toyota
Thanks for your reply!

Yes something is amiss in the MY19 booklet. The available Silk Beige/Black interior is code 235 not 225.

But I just received the tentative spec sheet from the salesman and it says SADDLE BROWN for my interior choice. Grrrr! I’m starting to feel very wary of this salesman’s competence.

Unfortunately one must be a member of PenFed for 12 months to get the discount code. I also could join Club MB, but to secure the $500 discount one must have been a member for a year AND be current. So that’s really paying membership for a second year before being able to use it.

So that’s a possible $2K savings if I wait a year to buy. But then I’ll have $6K more car payments on my car and it will depreciate another $2K or so over that time. Sigh...
Old 08-06-2018, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Range rover evoque
Originally Posted by Sheddah
I’m located south of DC. I have an offer for 7% off MSRP, plus all-weather mats and cargo mats thrown in, for a 2019 GLC Coupe. TrueCar and Edmunds both say 6% is a good deal for the DC area prices. How would you rate this deal based on your knowledge and experience?

(I’m still working with another dealer and have 2 more I can contact over the border in North Carolina.)
Were you able to seal the deal on your 2019 order? Curious about the discount you ended up with.