GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Heated Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 01:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
GLC Heated Steering Wheel

So, my wife's Ford Edge is coming off lease soon, so I convinced her to look at something nicer, and she kinda like the GLC. She doesn't need all the bells and whistles, so we were thinking of ordering a base model, as the only options that is a must for her are back up camera (standard) and heated steering wheel (we are Canadians) I am surprised that heated steering wheel is not standard on a luxury SUV in Canada, but the $250 price is reasonable. What is shocking though, is, in order to get this $250 option, you have to choose both the premium package $5,500 and premium plus package $2,700. In other words, to get heated steering wheel, a so called stand alone option, Mercedes is forcing us to spend $8,450, by buying options that we don't want. REALLY MERCEDES!!! I guess they just lost one sale.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focus RS
Originally Posted by autopal
So, my wife's Ford Edge is coming off lease soon, so I convinced her to look at something nicer, and she kinda like the GLC. She doesn't need all the bells and whistles, so we were thinking of ordering a base model, as the only options that is a must for her are back up camera (standard) and heated steering wheel (we are Canadians) I am surprised that heated steering wheel is not standard on a luxury SUV in Canada, but the $250 price is reasonable. What is shocking though, is, in order to get this $250 option, you have to choose both the premium package $5,500 and premium plus package $2,700. In other words, to get heated steering wheel, a so called stand alone option, Mercedes is forcing us to spend $8,450, by buying options that we don't want. REALLY MERCEDES!!! I guess they just lost one sale.
Before you rule it out, test drive it and see what price you can negotiate. My wife was cross shopping the GLC witha Hyundai SantaFe Sport and the deal was good enough on the GCL that she ended up with it.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC
Sucks that they package it that way in CA, in the US its a standalone option!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:55 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by GLCdriver
Sucks that they package it that way in CA, in the US its a standalone option!
It is suppose to be a stand alone option in Canada as well, the problem is you have to add the other 2 expensive options to be able to get the heated steering wheel, and that's the problem
Old 05-31-2018, 11:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by autopal
Since you are in Canada I would recommend these for winter driving.....

LOL!!!!

Serious answer: Mercedes nickles and dimes wherever they can. Other premium European manufacturers do the same. Porsche is the worst for this!
I had a similar experience when I only wanted to get the stereo upgrade. It was only part of a very expensive package that had extra's I didn't need or want. But eventually I bit the bullet and got the additional package and I'm glad I did. I love the upgraded stereo system but I'm also happy with the extra's in the package. In your situation I can see that you are trying to budget and pick and choose only the options you want. However, Mercedes has made the Canadian options different and they package it all. Can't get heated steering without all these other things etc. I still think Canada has the best deal on the GLC compared to other countries. So even with all the extra's you pay for, it's still a lot cheaper than what you would pay in Europe or USA.
Anyway, your budget is your budget but if you get the optional extra's you will most likely appreciate them down the road as you own the vehicle. Otherwise, you may have to get something else entirely.
Good luck!
Old 05-31-2018, 06:54 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Your description of the configuration resembles the way BMW handles the harman/kardon sound system in the US-spec BMW X3. You can't get harman/kardon unless you order the premium trim for $3300. If you're like me and don't want nav, this can be a deal breaker.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300 (in the future)
We're picking up a 2018 GLC tomorrow and ordered the heated steering wheel in the build. The only premium package we have on the build is the Premium 1 ($1350) and I'm not even sure it was required (we wanted the blind spot assist).

Anyhow, you might want to push back on the salesperson. Good luck.

Jim
Old 05-31-2018, 08:51 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I believe the original poster is in Canada, not the United States. Here in the US you can order the heated steering wheel as a stand-alone option.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Why do Merc make markets so different, in the UK you can't order the heated steering wheel.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:43 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
We are really lucky in the States. 2018 GLC can be ordered without over loading with useless junk. That can all change any given MY.