GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Dash cams discreet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc 220d
Dash cams discreet

i am looking for a dash cam to fit to a GLC, don’t want a screen and want it as discreet as possible.
i have seen the Kammu option http://www.kammu.com/shop/dash-cam/f...p-and-gsensor/ this replaces the plastic surrounding the rear view mirror.
has anyone used this system? Is it any good.

also how does it look....any photos. Not managed to find photos if it fitted.

cheers in advance
Old 06-16-2018, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Running Thinkware and Blackvue. Both excellent with option for rear camera too.
About to finalise with one brand. At this stage both seen ok. Some minor dash reflection depending on angle of sun. Night vision has been good.
records to micro SD card. Also able to upload to Cloud. Just concerned re Cloud via brand app allows others to see car loc, not by owner, but by brand.
Will post update in around 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc 220d
Hi Teckno, the Blackvue is on my short list, probably the 650 2ch. The images look good and it is possible to purchase the ”magic box” so battery is not drained.
The Kammu unit is interesting due to its hidden appearance, less obvious and less of a target for criminals. Also it is available with 2ch.

only want camera for peace of mind, so many poor drivers out there and insurance companies happy to split blame as they make double on excess.5
Old 06-17-2018, 07:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by Teckno
Running Thinkware and Blackvue. Both excellent with option for rear camera too.
About to finalise with one brand. At this stage both seen ok. Some minor dash reflection depending on angle of sun. Night vision has been good.
records to micro SD card. Also able to upload to Cloud. Just concerned re Cloud via brand app allows others to see car loc, not by owner, but by brand.
Will post update in around 2 to 3 weeks.
Which Thinkware are you running, Teckno? I was looking at the Thinkware too. I like its on board power management, no need for an external box to sense low battery, etc. It also had a time-lapse setting when the vehicle is parked which looked attractive. Reading some reviews indicates the software can be hit and miss and some people have had problems with the camera rebooting itself all the time too.. Hoping that its just a select few with problems..
Old 06-18-2018, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Originally Posted by tiger_x
Which Thinkware are you running, Teckno? I was looking at the Thinkware too. I like its on board power management, no need for an external box to sense low battery, etc. It also had a time-lapse setting when the vehicle is parked which looked attractive. Reading some reviews indicates the software can be hit and miss and some people have had problems with the camera rebooting itself all the time too.. Hoping that its just a select few with problems..
Hi,
Running Blackvue DR650s, not too bad, software ok.
Finally purchased Thinkware F800Pro64.
Hope to get around to installing it over the next 3 weeks.
No dash cam seems perfect, always upgrading options, 4K, etc.
My main wish is quality number plate recognition , both day and night.
Blackvue seems to offer best comprises with good night capture currently.
My guess once installed, I will leave them fitted for the next few years.
One word of caution, every time I leave my car at the MB dealership they unplug the camera, on basis of client privacy ! Not happy, esp when they test drive, but worse they never reconnect, so I have to remember to plug it in before I head off from dealer.
Cheers
The following users liked this post:
tiger_x (06-19-2018)