GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

All weather floor mat and cargo liner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:43 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
All weather floor mat and cargo liner

Question regarding the all weather front floor mats. Do I need to remove the regular floor mat in order to install all weather mats? There is a button for the regular mat to click in place to prevent moving, but can I simply lay the all weather mat on top of existing mat without any issue?

Another question regarding trunk liner. Do you guys recommend the reversible liner? Does it dig into the original flooring? I am pretty sure the rubber mat digs hence I am staying away. Any pictures would be appreciated.

Last but not least, any recommendations where to buy these items cheaper?
Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by openwheelracing

I purchased a cargo area cover on Amazon for $70. The cover is here, but my car doesn't arrive until Saturday! I'll update you on the fit and finish in a few days.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300
The mercedes all-weather mat also use the securing bit, so they were meant to replace the regular mats. I suppose you could lay the all weather on top but it will certainly slide around.

Can't speak to the reversible liner but the plastic cargo tray fits very tightly to the vehicle and doesn't leave any marks behind when I remove it.

I use MBOEMparts, great prices.
https://www.mboemparts.com/
Old 06-24-2018, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC300
All Weather Mats

My opinion: if you use the Mercedes all weather mats up front, they continually shift up, so every time I get in the car I'm grabbing the all weather mat and shifting it back into position.

I bought a full set of Mercedes all weather mats, and then switched to the 3D Maxpider mats for better coverage and they are FANTASTIC. I bought the 3D MaxSpider cargo mat and nothing beats it! I would recommend the 3DMaxPider brand over the OEM Mercedes mats.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by alfredlopez1977
My opinion: if you use the Mercedes all weather mats up front, they continually shift up, so every time I get in the car I'm grabbing the all weather mat and shifting it back into position.

I bought a full set of Mercedes all weather mats, and then switched to the 3D Maxpider mats for better coverage and they are FANTASTIC. I bought the 3D MaxSpider cargo mat and nothing beats it! I would recommend the 3DMaxPider brand over the OEM Mercedes mats.

The MB all weather mats snap into the anchors on the floor with an audible click. If they are shifting they are not installed correctly or they are not the MB OEM floor mats.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
Question regarding the all weather front floor mats. Do I need to remove the regular floor mat in order to install all weather mats? There is a button for the regular mat to click in place to prevent moving, but can I simply lay the all weather mat on top of existing mat without any issue?

Another question regarding trunk liner. Do you guys recommend the reversible liner? Does it dig into the original flooring? I am pretty sure the rubber mat digs hence I am staying away. Any pictures would be appreciated.

I wouldn't recommend putting the mats on top of the original ones. Remember the CHP officer that killed himself in that Lexus? They found that there was an extra set of mats on top of the originals and it had slipped and jammed the accelerator pedal.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
+1 agree, Best to never place mats on top of mats. Use the anchors and toss the extra mats into underfloor storage or put them in the house.

When I ordered, I chose option code 942 which was 2 items for an MSRP of $100: The reversible cargo liner and the fold-out bumper sill protector. These were important to me because I go mountain biking a couple of times per week and am frequently loading/unloading. We sit on the open cargo door area to change shoes and I didn't want myself, my buddies, or their dogs to scuff anything.

The OEM cargo mat is outstanding IMO, especially considering what I paid. It's over-engineered, well made, thickly padded and robust. And it's a perfect fit. The underfloor area is easy to open even with it in place. You ask a good question about whether it digs into the original flooring, as that was a concern I had too. In my experience there's no issue. I reverse it when carrying things like outdoor plants that may leak. Otherwise I keep the rubber side down. Let me know if pics or details would help.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:03 PM

GLC
Pictures would definitely help. Much appreciated. When using the rubber side up, does it create a little "pan" to prevent liquid spilling into bottom?
Old 06-27-2018, 01:16 AM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mtberman
+1 agree, Best to never place mats on top of mats. Use the anchors and toss the extra mats into underfloor storage or put them in the house.

When I ordered, I chose option code 942 which was 2 items for an MSRP of $100: The reversible cargo liner and the fold-out bumper sill protector. These were important to me because I go mountain biking a couple of times per week and am frequently loading/unloading. We sit on the open cargo door area to change shoes and I didn't want myself, my buddies, or their dogs to scuff anything.

The OEM cargo mat is outstanding IMO, especially considering what I paid. It's over-engineered, well made, thickly padded and robust. And it's a perfect fit. The underfloor area is easy to open even with it in place. You ask a good question about whether it digs into the original flooring, as that was a concern I had too. In my experience there's no issue. I reverse it when carrying things like outdoor plants that may leak. Otherwise I keep the rubber side down. Let me know if pics or details would help.
Just wondering, does the OEM cargo mat have much of a rubber smell? I put off getting a cargo area cover for that reason, but it sounds like the OEM mat is doing a great job for you and that is exactly how I would use it, well for plants anyway. The cheap blue tarp I threw in the back “temporarily” is starting to look kind of tacky.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:07 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I will post some photos of the reversible mat ASAP. It has no more odor than the floor mats, and the carpet side is basically identical to the premium carpet mats.

The rubberized side is a waterproof layer covered with the same tiny rubber "dots" you see on running shoes. It is flat without a significant rim and will hold about a quart of water. For larger spills you'd need the full rubber mat with lip like the one shown here: https://assets.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digi...0-076-MCFO.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Vaboy (06-29-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:51 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV

Rubberized side

Carpet side

Strip of Velcro more visible on reverse
Old 07-06-2018, 08:54 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV

As installed carpet side up

Mats not visible from this angle
Old 07-07-2018, 01:40 AM

GLC
Wait a second, you have the diamond grille without AMG line?

That reverse mat looks good. I just ordered one. Thank you.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:16 AM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Wait a second, you have the diamond grille without AMG line?

That reverse mat looks good. I just ordered one. Thank you.
I wanted a unique look without breaking the bank, so I ordered 19s (US$500) and the “front chrome trim” option (US$250). Once I took delivery, I got an AMG-style grille online and installed it myself. I probably should have simply ordered the AMG appearance package, since it includes 19s, and then added the grille.