My new 2018 GLC 300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 10:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
My new 2018 GLC 300

Hello all!

Finally picked up my new GLC two weeks ago. I had a great experience at Lokey Motor Company in Clearwater, Florida. I ordered the car a few months ago to get exactly what I wanted.

I'm loving the Selenite Gray with the AMG/Night package. It looks great!

I'm coming over from a series of BMW sedans, so this is a big change in every way. I'm adjusting to the Mercedes ways (like lots of stalks) and very happy so far. This GLC is fast with sharp handling, but feels as strong as a tank. I'm loving the split personality of this car. Everything about it just feels solid, but not "heavy" - if that makes sense.

I'm also a big fan of Apple CarPlay, although I wish it were wireless.

Here are a couple of pics from the first week. Glad to be part of the club!

In the showroom at Lokey Motor Company.

With the Tampa skyline.

Phillippe Park in Safety Harbor, FL

Safety Harbor, FL

Old 07-06-2018, 01:19 AM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Welcome, DDGator! Glad your GLC finally came in. I know you’ve been posting some on the forum, so now that you got your car I’m sure you’ll find the forum is much more interesting. That Selenite Grey IS beautiful. I love the way it takes on different hues, depending on the lighting.

You mentioned being a BMW guy (or gal I guess) and getting used to the stalks on the GLC. I guarantee you you’ll get in one of your other cars and pull down on the wiper “stalk”, while trying to put the car in Drive. I do that all the time in my wife’s X3, but I’m getting better. I mentioned in another post recently that I really like the gear selection on a stalk.

Along that line, one tip I’ll throw out, that maybe everyone knows (I didn’t until recently). I thought you had to change the drive mode to “Manual” to use the paddle shifter. You don’t. I have a LONG hill to descend as I approach the road I live on. I accidentally discovered I could downshift with the left paddle directly to save my brakes. After I turn, if I don’t upshift when I should, it simply reverts back to the mode I was in (Comfort). I haven’t checked to see if I was in Sport mode, for instance, if it would revert back to that mode. Anyway, makes manual shifting much more spontaneous.

And I agree with with your comment about how the GLC “feels solid, without feeling heavy”. That’s one of the reasons I bought it!
Old 07-06-2018, 09:00 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Vaboy
Along that line, one tip I’ll throw out, that maybe everyone knows (I didn’t until recently). I thought you had to change the drive mode to “Manual” to use the paddle shifter. You don’t. I have a LONG hill to descend as I approach the road I live on. I accidentally discovered I could downshift with the left paddle directly to save my brakes. After I turn, if I don’t upshift when I should, it simply reverts back to the mode I was in (Comfort). I haven’t checked to see if I was in Sport mode, for instance, if it would revert back to that mode. Anyway, makes manual shifting much more spontaneous.
Agree, the paddle shifters are brake savers. Simply downshift with minus paddle to appropriate gear depending on hill steepness; to revert to last setting of drive mode hold the upshift plus paddle for one second.
The following users liked this post:
Vaboy (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Beautiful. I love those wheels with the black shadow.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Beautiful. I love those wheels with the black shadow.
Thanks! The engraved brake calipers are pretty cool too. I love the look.

This color also does not show the dirt/dust/water spots very much at all.