Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'17 GLC43
Consumer reports disagrees:
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...created-equal/

Save a life or be annoyed by a beep...
Old 03-10-2020, 03:10 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
e400 wagon
I'm not talking about a beep. I'm talking about false alarms causing spontaneous slamming of brakes by the system - including at freeway speeds.

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...nctions-2.html

Old 03-10-2020, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by CB949
I'm not talking about a beep. I'm talking about false alarms causing spontaneous slamming of brakes by the system - including at freeway speeds.

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...nctions-2.html
So post your video evidence.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
I have a 2017 GLC 300 4Matic with Distronic and all the driver tech available at that time. I have 24K on it. I have had constant issues with the sensors. My main issue is that the Distronic tracks the car in the wrong lane. It is really annoying because when it does it, which isn't always out of the gate, it then thinks a collision is imminent and slams on the brakes at 65-75 mph. I have videos on YouTube of it and my husband followed me for 75 miles on the interstate and has video of the rapid braking the Distronic system does. It's bad. The graphic even shows the vehicle in the lane so I know its making mistakes and it isn't me. I have had 4 loaners with Distronic (all '19s) and they don't/didn't do this so either my '17 is a lemon or they fixed the technology. Does anyone know if they added or change the sensor system around '18 or '19? I have 5 videos posted, here's an example:
it's a minor annoyance sometimes but it's downright dangerous when it slams on brakes because it thinks a collision is imminent, even though the other car is in another lane. I paid $7200 for the P3 package SOLELY for Distronic and to have it track cars in the wrong lane, and activating the brakes rapidly to avoid a collision that isn't going to happen, is really annoying. My 2005 Toyota Avalon had a very early version of laser cruise control and never did this.

Overall, my '17 GLC 300 has been a dud. With only 24K on it, it has been in the shop 133 days for electrical issues the last 8 months. The rear hatch would open at any time (including during movement). The parking sensors would cycle on and off at highway speeds. The dash wouldn't turn on after starting or would reboot during driving. They fixed those. They can't find an error code for the wrong tracking and although the service manager admits there is an issue, they can't figure out a fix. After replacing some parts, the remote start fails some validations and the 800# and dealership are trading blame as to why it won't remote start nor any of the app integration features work. The rain sensing wipers go off about 10 times the first 2 minutes and then randomly any time I drive. None of my loaners did any of this. But I don't know if that means my car is defective or if they fixed bugs in newer years (all had Distronic).

I regret buying a Mercedes with tech. The engine / handling / interior / driving dynamics are all really amazing and it's the most beautiful compact SUV. But MB is (or was) clearly not ready for the semi-autonomous technology in 2017 (mine was one of the last built as I picked it up in June via European Delivery, so it has a lot of warranty left). I think they could/should be able to fix this with software updates but would like to figure out what sensor changes may have been made in newer models after realizing they had issues. Any good way to figure that out?

Since my car was out of service for 133 days (58 + 50 + 25) out of the last 7 months, and I still have 3 unrepaired issues (Distronic tracking wrong long, no remote start / app integration & sensor wipers errantly going off), and they've already put about $12K of new parts in it, I do have an attorney and have filed a Magnusson Moss lawsuit. My attorney said MB treats things like the BBB process, and other state arbitration-type forums, as a joke and aggressively evades any responsibility or resolution through them. So we filed a lawsuit. I don't know what will happen. What I do know is that, since I work from home, my main purpose for the vehicle is to drive to Chicago and Minneapolis from my home in Wisconsin and Distronic was important for those long road trips. I bought a new 2019 Volvo V60 recently and the features that don't work on the MB work beautifully on the Volvo. Same for my husband's 2018 V90 which was built within 3 months of my '17 GLC. MB was just not ready for this technology even though the rest of the car is fantastic.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC
I also have the same issue. Most of the time it's just the 2 beeps but I have also had the car brake for no reason from time to time with no obstruction.

Aside from that I have my traction control coming on for no reason and cutting power on take off - very dangerous situation when pulling out on a busy road. I have posted a thread in this forum regarding my issue. If anyone has a point of contact and or info regarding how I can get out of my lease due to this dangerous safety hazard, please reach out. Thank you all and stay healthy.

Last edited by Deadly GLC; 04-09-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:17 PM

2019 GLC
Mercedes Customer Care has still not reached out to help.. I received the car from the dealer and it is back in the shop. Service visit # 5. Check engine light came on once again and transmission is still giving me issues. This is my 3rd Mercedes and probably my last.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:51 AM

2019 GLC
I have never received such careless customer service as I have from Mercedes. A good friend of mine used to be a sales manager for Mercedes and told me that Mercedes does not care about their customers and he was absolutely correct. BMW will bend over backwards for their customers and I previously experienced that when I owned one. Needless to say I will soon be a BMW customer once again.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:32 AM

GLE350
2017 GLE 350

[QUOTE=bergamini;8015237]I have a 2017 GLC 300 4Matic with Distronic and all the driver tech available at that time. I have 24K on it. I have had constant issues with the sensors. My main issue is that the Distronic tracks the car in the wrong lane. It is really annoying because when it does it, which isn't always out of the gate, it then thinks a collision is imminent and slams on the brakes at 65-75 mph. I have videos on YouTube of it and my husband followed me for 75 miles on the interstate and has video of the rapid braking the Distronic system does. It's bad. The graphic even shows the vehicle in the lane so I know its making mistakes and it isn't me. I have had 4 loaners with Distronic (all '19s) and they don't/didn't do this so either my '17 is a lemon or they fixed the technology. Does anyone know if they added or change the sensor system around '18 or '19? I have 5 videos posted, here's an example:
it's a minor annoyance sometimes but it's downright dangerous when it slams on brakes because it thinks a collision is imminent, even though the other car is in another lane. I paid $7200 for the P3 package SOLELY for Distronic and to have it track cars in the wrong lane, and activating the brakes rapidly to avoid a collision that isn't going to happen, is really annoying. My 2005 Toyota Avalon had a very early version of laser cruise control and never did this.

Overall, my '17 GLC 300 has been a dud. With only 24K on it, it has been in the shop 133 days for electrical issues the last 8 months. The rear hatch would open at any time (including during movement). The parking sensors would cycle on and off at highway speeds. The dash wouldn't turn on after starting or would reboot during driving. They fixed those. They can't find an error code for the wrong tracking and although the service manager admits there is an issue, they can't figure out a fix. After replacing some parts, the remote start fails some validations and the 800# and dealership are trading blame as to why it won't remote start nor any of the app integration features work. The rain sensing wipers go off about 10 times the first 2 minutes and then randomly any time I drive. None of my loaners did any of this. But I don't know if that means my car is defective or if they fixed bugs in newer years (all had Distronic).

I regret buying a Mercedes with tech. The engine / handling / interior / driving dynamics are all really amazing and it's the most beautiful compact SUV. But MB is (or was) clearly not ready for the semi-autonomous technology in 2017 (mine was one of the last built as I picked it up in June via European Delivery, so it has a lot of warranty left). I think they could/should be able to fix this with software updates but would like to figure out what sensor changes may have been made in newer models after realizing they had issues. Any good way to figure that out?

Since my car was out of service for 133 days (58 + 50 + 25) out of the last 7 months, and I still have 3 unrepaired issues (Distronic tracking wrong long, no remote start / app integration & sensor wipers errantly going off), and they've already put about $12K of new parts in it, I do have an attorney and have filed a Magnusson Moss lawsuit. My attorney said MB treats things like the BBB process, and other state arbitration-type forums, as a joke and aggressively evades any responsibility or resolution through them. So we filed a lawsuit. I don't know what will happen. What I do know is that, since I work from home, my main purpose for the vehicle is to drive to Chicago and Minneapolis from my home in Wisconsin and Distronic was important for those long road trips. I bought a new 2019 Volvo V60 recently and the features that don't work on the MB work beautifully on the Volvo. Same for my husband's 2018 V90 which was built within 3 months of my '17 GLC. MB was just not ready for this technology even though the rest of the car is fantastic.[/QUOTE
Old 02-11-2021, 11:45 AM

GLE350
GLE 350 false collision prevention

I have had my 2017 GLE 350 49600 and we have had the collision prevention give false alarms. what our car does that is different is that it will sound a few beeps and lunge to the right side. the dash gives a display of the car having a red highlight at the back left and another car in the picture. it does not put on the brakes. Just jumps to the right. I have the car in at the Mercedes dealership now. this is the second time I took it in there for this. I am sure that they will not find anything wrong just like last time. this is a very dangerous thing. the last time it happened I was going 75 mph on the freeway and there was no cars around me. this is very scary.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:49 AM

2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Update on my car, in case anyone else has similar issues: the dealer found that a piece of plastic protective wrap on the interior of the grille emblem was causing the sensor malfunction. So if your car is new and perhaps the dealer didn't remove all wrap and labels well, or you had European delivery like me with some stuff done at port, or you've just had the grille replaced, check to make sure that all labels and wrap are removed from all body pieces, especially on the interior. Removing two small labels solved most of my issues, but didn't change how much I hated the car as a result of all the issues for two years. They did replace most of the electrical system for other, non label/wrap, issues. It's just that now I was able to sell it in good faith knowing nothing was broken, and able to resolve the Magnusson Moss lawsuit to everyone's satisfaction.

Originally Posted by bergamini
I have a 2017 GLC 300 4Matic with Distronic and all the driver tech available at that time. I have 24K on it. I have had constant issues with the sensors. My main issue is that the Distronic tracks the car in the wrong lane. It is really annoying because when it does it, which isn't always out of the gate, it then thinks a collision is imminent and slams on the brakes at 65-75 mph. I have videos on YouTube of it and my husband followed me for 75 miles on the interstate and has video of the rapid braking the Distronic system does. It's bad. The graphic even shows the vehicle in the lane so I know its making mistakes and it isn't me. I have had 4 loaners with Distronic (all '19s) and they don't/didn't do this so either my '17 is a lemon or they fixed the technology. Does anyone know if they added or change the sensor system around '18 or '19? I have 5 videos posted, here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Uv2JorZgU it's a minor annoyance sometimes but it's downright dangerous when it slams on brakes because it thinks a collision is imminent, even though the other car is in another lane. I paid $7200 for the P3 package SOLELY for Distronic and to have it track cars in the wrong lane, and activating the brakes rapidly to avoid a collision that isn't going to happen, is really annoying. My 2005 Toyota Avalon had a very early version of laser cruise control and never did this.

Since my car was out of service for 133 days (58 + 50 + 25) out of the last 7 months, and I still have 3 unrepaired issues (Distronic tracking wrong long, no remote start / app integration & sensor wipers errantly going off), and they've already put about $12K of new parts in it, I do have an attorney and have filed a Magnusson Moss lawsuit. My attorney said MB treats things like the BBB process, and other state arbitration-type forums, as a joke and aggressively evades any responsibility or resolution through them. So we filed a lawsuit. I don't know what will happen. What I do know is that, since I work from home, my main purpose for the vehicle is to drive to Chicago and Minneapolis from my home in Wisconsin and Distronic was important for those long road trips. I bought a new 2019 Volvo V60 recently and the features that don't work on the MB work beautifully on the Volvo. Same for my husband's 2018 V90 which was built within 3 months of my '17 GLC. MB was just not ready for this technology even though the rest of the car is fantastic.
The following users liked this post:
jimbobboy (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 11:50 AM

2017 GLC 300 4Matic
@Allen Morgan Have them check all of the body parts for labels or plastic wrap that could interfere with the sensors! They were still on the inside of my grill.

Originally Posted by Allen Morgan
I have had my 2017 GLE 350 49600 and we have had the collision prevention give false alarms. what our car does that is different is that it will sound a few beeps and lunge to the right side. the dash gives a display of the car having a red highlight at the back left and another car in the picture. it does not put on the brakes. Just jumps to the right. I have the car in at the Mercedes dealership now. this is the second time I took it in there for this. I am sure that they will not find anything wrong just like last time. this is a very dangerous thing. the last time it happened I was going 75 mph on the freeway and there was no cars around me. this is very scary.
The following users liked this post:
jimbobboy (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 04:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'17 GLC43
[QUOTE=Allen Morgan;8268492]

Just by reading your post and looking at your videos I would point to the techs/mechanics working on your car. If anyone is "not ready for the technology" is the people, lack of knowledge and training most likely. They obviously dont know what they are doing. I hope you can find another dealer or a really good indie mechanic in your area that can fix it, give the bill to mercedes.

Last edited by jolugo; 02-11-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:47 PM

2019 E-30”
Can you please contact me

I have a 2017 GLC 300 4Matic with Distronic and all the driver tech available at that time. I have 24K on it. I have had constant issues with the sensors. My main issue is that the Distronic tracks the car in the wrong lane. It is really annoying because when it does it, which isn't always out of the gate, it then thinks a collision is imminent and slams on the brakes at 65-75 mph. I have videos on YouTube of it and my husband followed me for 75 miles on the interstate and has video of the rapid braking the Distronic system does. It's bad. The graphic even shows the vehicle in the lane so I know its making mistakes and it isn't me. I have had 4 loaners with Distronic (all '19s) and they don't/didn't do this so either my '17 is a lemon or they fixed the technology. Does anyone know if they added or change the sensor system around '18 or '19? I have 5 videos posted, here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Uv2JorZgU it's a minor annoyance sometimes but it's downright dangerous when it slams on brakes because it thinks a collision is imminent, even though the other car is in another lane. I paid $7200 for the P3 package SOLELY for Distronic and to have it track cars in the wrong lane, and activating the brakes rapidly to avoid a collision that isn't going to happen, is really annoying. My 2005 Toyota Avalon had a very early version of laser cruise control and never did this.

Since my car was out of service for 133 days (58 + 50 + 25) out of the last 7 months, and I still have 3 unrepaired issues (Distronic tracking wrong long, no remote start / app integration & sensor wipers errantly going off), and they've already put about $12K of new parts in it, I do have an attorney and have filed a Magnusson Moss lawsuit. My attorney said MB treats things like the BBB process, and other state arbitration-type forums, as a joke and aggressively evades any responsibility or resolution through them. So we filed a lawsuit. I don't know what will happen. What I do know is that, since I work from home, my main purpose for the vehicle is to drive to Chicago and Minneapolis from my home in Wisconsin and Distronic was important for those long road trips. I bought a new 2019 Volvo V60 recently and the features that don't work on the MB work beautifully on the Volvo. Same for my husband's 2018 V90 which was built within 3 months of my '17 GLC. MB was just not ready for this technology even though the rest of the car is fantastic.[/QUOTE
I have had this same issue and will be contacting a attorney can you please let me know what is happening with you suit.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 E300 Sport, 2017 GLC300 Sport/Night

I regret buying a Mercedes with tech. The engine / handling / interior / driving dynamics are all really amazing and it's the most beautiful compact SUV. But MB is (or was) clearly not ready for the semi-autonomous technology in 2017 (mine was one of the last built as I picked it up in June via European Delivery, so it has a lot of warranty left). I think they could/should be able to fix this with software updates but would like to figure out what sensor changes may have been made in newer models after realizing they had issues. Any good way to figure that out?.[/QUOTE
I have a '17 GLC300 with Distronic+, and I never had any of the problems you describe. I have nearly 80,000 miles on mine, and the only electronics-related problem I've had was with the HUD (sporadically wouldn't properly position itself). Once I was able to bring it to the dealer while the problem was occurring, they replaced the HUD under warranty and no electronics problems since. Distronic+ has always been excellent at distance-keeping. Based upon my experiences, I think your problem falls more into the "you got a lemon" category than the "M-B didn't understand how to do tech in '17" category.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,620 Likes on 1,193 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
@bergamini just saw your video.
Question - Did you really have your cruise control set for 100mph, or did the car raise your setting by itself?