GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Getting my 2019 GLC300 next week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by Brandon C
Ya - de-badging is coming next. I like the clean rear end look with just the Star. Just been busy with a bachelor party this past weekend.

Dont worry about the space - they fit right in without issue. The covers come with the 3M strips already installed - you just peel and stick. I waited until the exhaust was fully cold and installed and left it for a good few hours in the warm sun we had this weekend before I ran the car again to give them a chance to adhere. You can see a bit of the stainless steel on the inside of the exhaust - but once enough soot builds up - you wont even see that. Otherwise they look great and match the blacked out rear diffuser lip that comes with the night package perfectly.

Ill be doing a light tint on the front windows and maybe putting in the Star welcome lights on the front doors - but besides that - im done. Weather-tech matts were on my list - but my dealer threw the full set in for free. All except the trunk liner - so maybe that's coming too.

Of course oil spray will be happening with the Canadian Winter around the corner.
ah I see, very easy install indeed.
how long did it take for the shipment to arrive, i cant wait

If only mercedes added gloss black door handles to the night package, it would complete the mean sporty look

my dealer did the front window tint for free and also gifted the weather-tech matts, they are very nice.
Did you get any MSRP discount? dealer was only able to give 2% off since it was a 2019 model and gave me the 3 services prepaid maintenance for free
Old 09-17-2018, 01:15 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
Originally Posted by protseng
ah I see, very easy install indeed.
how long did it take for the shipment to arrive, i cant wait

If only mercedes added gloss black door handles to the night package, it would complete the mean sporty look

my dealer did the front window tint for free and also gifted the weather-tech matts, they are very nice.
Did you get any MSRP discount? dealer was only able to give 2% off since it was a 2019 model and gave me the 3 services prepaid maintenance for free
Took about 3 weeks to show up.

I got the 2% also but nothing more.

Due to the low production rate vs demand of the Coupes - they wouldnt really throw anything more in. I tried - but his response was that im in a bad spot due to the demand for the Coupes. If i backed out - he claims it would be sold by the next day... Also spoke to the Sales Manager and the current lead time for a Coupe if I ordered today - was 4 months. MB isnt building too many I guess.

The wagons have a way higher production rate and they have more flexibility to sweeten the deal to move them.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:37 PM

2019 GLC300 SUV

Took about 3 weeks to show up.

I got the 2% also but nothing more.

Due to the low production rate vs demand of the Coupes - they wouldnt really throw anything more in. I tried - but his response was that im in a bad spot due to the demand for the Coupes. If i backed out - he claims it would be sold by the next day... Also spoke to the Sales Manager and the current lead time for a Coupe if I ordered today - was 4 months. MB isnt building too many I guess.

The wagons have a way higher production rate and they have more flexibility to sweeten the deal to move them.
Apparently GLC is a super hot vehicle and their best seller in our area, so the dealer also couldn't give anymore discounts.
The coupe to suv ratio on the street is like 1:5, although i'm starting to see more and more glc coupes now as ppl start to like its unique design while the suv is getting saturated.

For your illuminated star logo at the front, what is the cost of parts and labor? I thought those were only offered in the US as I haven't seen one in canada with them yet
Old 09-17-2018, 02:45 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 GLC 300 - Coupe
Originally Posted by protseng
Apparently GLC is a super hot vehicle and their best seller in our area, so the dealer also couldn't give anymore discounts.
The coupe to suv ratio on the street is like 1:5, although i'm starting to see more and more glc coupes now as ppl start to like its unique design while the suv is getting saturated.

For your illuminated star logo at the front, what is the cost of parts and labor? I thought those were only offered in the US as I haven't seen one in canada with them yet

I was told the build ratio was a lot higher - something like 1:20. Right now on MB Canada's website - inventory has (952) 2019 Wagons VS (15) 2019 Coupes nationwide. Now i dont think that inventory includes the independent dealers - just the MB Canada linked ones.

I cant really say about the lit star logo - it was a gift my dad paid for upfront as a surprise birthday present. Cant really give you any details on price, labor or availability. But shes definitely here in Canada and looks rather sharp at night!.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:01 AM

2019 GLC300 SUV
I was told the build ratio was a lot higher - something like 1:20. Right now on MB Canada's website - inventory has (952) 2019 Wagons VS (15) 2019 Coupes nationwide. Now i dont think that inventory includes the independent dealers - just the MB Canada linked ones.

I cant really say about the lit star logo - it was a gift my dad paid for upfront as a surprise birthday present. Cant really give you any details on price, labor or availability. But shes definitely here in Canada and looks rather sharp at night!.
i think if ur coupe is lowered by a few inches, it would look amazing.

also let me know how the sport exhaust system sounds like and does it have to be in sport+ mode to activate.
the coupe gets more sporty features, no wonder its base price is higher than the suv