GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Prepaid Maintenance and Extended Warranty for CPO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300
Prepaid Maintenance and Extended Warranty for CPO?

Hello,

I have a two questions that I haven't been able to answer on my own and hoping someone here can help. I recently bought a CPO 2018 GLC 300 w/ 6000 miles. It was a dealer showroom model and I'm technically the first owner.

My questions:

1. Pre-paid maintenance: My car says that it needs service B in ~250 days. Should I buy the 3 service pre-paid plan or 4 service one? Are there any limitations if I buy the four service package? Do I have to use them by year 4 of the car or can the fourth service happen in year 5?

2. Extended warranty: If I understand the MBUSA site correctly (link below), CPOs come with an additional year of warranty on top of the 4 years. Therefore, this car should have 5 years of warranty coverage. Does it make sense to add 7/75k on top of this? I plan to keep the car for a while.
Thanks!

link: https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/cpo#w...nlimited_miles
Do all Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz warranties really include unlimited miles?
Yes. For vehicles purchased on or after January 15, 2014, we’re proud to offer our standard Limited Warranty of up to 5-years of unlimited mileage coverage, from the New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Pre-Paid Service - cab be purchased at any time PRIOR TO Service checkin. You should get quote from your dealer on 3-pack and quote on 4-pack. Your 10K (30K,50K) mile service is Service A - your 20K (40K,60K) mile service is Service B.

Please understand prepaid service is not refundable - and is not transferable to another vehicle.

Have your Service Dept quote you your out-of-pocket cost for 10K Service A - it may be cheaper for you to pay out-of-pocket for that 10K Service then buy 3-pack going into 20K service - versus paying for 4-pack before 1st service.

Keep the beat !