GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

My first 1,000 km's with the 2019 GLC300 4 Matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 11:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S550,GLC300
My first 1,000 km's with the 2019 GLC300 4 Matic

Well I just rolled over my first 1,000 km;'s on the new 2019 GLC 300 4 Matic, so here is a short report.

I got the upgraded headlight package and at night they are awesome, night becomes day, on deserted highways with no light from any other source the high beams are not even needed, they are better than my S550 even, but that is to be expected with the new technology in 4 years. If you are ordering one, get the headlight upgrade.

Distronic cruise is jumpy and jerky at times, needs some fine tuning to marriage up the tranny and engine handshake, this happens at speed. The stop and go function is better than my S, I like I can sit for a few seconds in heavy traffic and it will start back up by itself. Long distance function for following is even longer and better overall than my S but again to be expected with upgraded advancements with this tech. Braking action is good as well.

The Mercedes Me app, is neat, it tells me if I didnt lock the car and asks me if I want to
The trip function is also way cool, on a 312km trip, I got 8.4L/100km's, at 110km's hour. Thats some pretty good gas mileage.

Seats surprised me so far as well.

Heated seat function for both seats is rather not hot.....

Wind noise around sideview mirrors is rather evident, need some more wind tunnel testing here.

Engine sounds like a sewing machine at idle, ( man have not used that term in decades....) At speed its okay, not much if any engine noise is evident.

Even though it is bigger than the GLK it replaced, it seems smaller to be in and drive, steering is excellent, they nailed that. I drive in ECO or Comfort settings.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 GLC300 SUV
when r u gonna drive in sport+ also when tire pressure did you set yours to?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:47 PM

S550,GLC300
When break in period is done I will try sport mode ( just for a block or so....)
Surprisingly the tires were okay, but actually check yours and see if you have more than 1 tire sticker, theres the one of the fuel door, but I also have 2 more on the drivers side b pillar and I think they are different.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:27 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by S550W222
Well I just rolled over my first 1,000 km;'s on the new 2019 GLC 300 4 Matic, so here is a short report.

I got the upgraded headlight package and at night they are awesome, night becomes day, on deserted highways with no light from any other source the high beams are not even needed, they are better than my S550 even, but that is to be expected with the new technology in 4 years. If you are ordering one, get the headlight upgrade.

Distronic cruise is jumpy and jerky at times, needs some fine tuning to marriage up the tranny and engine handshake, this happens at speed. The stop and go function is better than my S, I like I can sit for a few seconds in heavy traffic and it will start back up by itself. Long distance function for following is even longer and better overall than my S but again to be expected with upgraded advancements with this tech. Braking action is good as well.

The Mercedes Me app, is neat, it tells me if I didnt lock the car and asks me if I want to
The trip function is also way cool, on a 312km trip, I got 8.4L/100km's, at 110km's hour. Thats some pretty good gas mileage.

Seats surprised me so far as well.

Heated seat function for both seats is rather not hot.....

Wind noise around sideview mirrors is rather evident, need some more wind tunnel testing here.

Engine sounds like a sewing machine at idle, ( man have not used that term in decades....) At speed its okay, not much if any engine noise is evident.

Even though it is bigger than the GLK it replaced, it seems smaller to be in and drive, steering is excellent, they nailed that. I drive in ECO or Comfort settings.
Headlights agreed- i wasnt specifically looking for them and so glad i got them
Distronic agreed as well - there are some times it just seems to wait too long and jam on the brakes. very disconcerting, but driving on the highway is definitely much better with it.
i too have been pleased with the fuel economy. MB did a great job there for sure.
the lock door reminder is nice - must be with the new mercedes me app. i wish those of us with vehicles 2018 and earlier could get it. does anyone else know what other differences there are in the new app versus the old? is the key fob the same for 19 or did they start using the new one?
Old 09-19-2018, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC300
Agree about the headlights. So glad it worked out we got them because it was not something high on our list.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
Make sure you watch your rear brake wear if you use distronic a lot. There have been posts about this throughout the forum, at least the parts I read.
The following users liked this post:
S550W222 (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 03:53 PM

S550,GLC300
With distronic are you implying that the rears only are used to slow you down? Very interesting if true thanks
Old 09-24-2018, 04:12 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
From what I recall reading on the forum, those with distronic who use it a lot have had rear brake wear that couldn't be explained otherwise. Rears were going well before the fronts, which you would expect to bear the brunt of the work stopping the car...