GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Help: will re-painting two of the doors match the original color ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Unhappy Help: will re-painting two of the doors match the original color ?

Dear fellow MB drivers, I met trouble recently.

Someone maliciously scratched my GLC's doors on the driver's side in a public parking lot.

The body shop told me it needs $2500 for the repair. Basically they would first remove the original paint from both doors on the driver's side, and then re-paint again. The whole process takes a week.

Though my insurance company will cover most of the repair cost, I am scared to learn that they would remove the original paint and repaint again. My question is, could the re-paint match the original color exactly the same (as the other portion of the body)? My car's body color is metallic gray.

I appreciate if you could share your knowledge and insight.

Thanks in advance,

Typhooonn
Old 10-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 GLC 300
may indeed depend on color, don't know. Mine is black, passenger door replaced this year...can't tell the difference.
The following users liked this post:
typhooonn (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Sucks that there are people like this out there. Sorry to hear it. Basically it should match, if not keep going back and over and over. Make sure the body shop you are using is really a top notch one, especially if you have metallic paint.

Luckily, you can remove the doors and not worry about blending - it sucks when they have to paint part of a panel and then blend the colors!

Check with your insurance company to see how they will guarantee this if they can (i.e. will they allow for re-do if no match). When looking to match, get it out in noon daylight to check. In theory, you should not expect an issue - most of the process is very modern these days and the color match should be exact.
The following users liked this post:
typhooonn (10-09-2018)