GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

interior light on and off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 W / 2011 E350W, Luxury, P01, leather steering wheel
interior light on and off

Once in a while the interior light doesn't illuminate when I opened the front passenger side door.
I always leave my laptop backpack on the front passenger seat when I go to work.
Once I parked the vehicle at work, I retrieved that backpack by opening the front passenger door and it happened that there's no interior lights illuminated.
I noticed this right away because it's still dark outside early morning (5 a.m)....
Most of the time, the interior lights illuminated as usual when I opened the front passenger door.
Weird...

Last edited by will4iron; 11-11-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
Relay

I have a 1990 500SL and this is a common problem on earlier models. A couple of questions:

1. When you open the passenger’s door and the light comes on, when you close the door does the light immediately go off or does it fade off? It should fade off.

2. Does the buzzer work for when the lights are left on, key left in ignition or seatbelt warning?

More then likely, it’s the seatbelt buzzer relay located behind the passenger airbag. It’s been years since I fixed mine, so I don’t recall the part number. The wiring for part of the dome light circuit runs through this relay.