GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Mercedes GLC 300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLC 300
Mercedes GLC 300

Hello, I own a Mercedes GLC 300 2016 and I installed a front camera on this car but I have the cables running through the door. Do you know how to pass the wires from the engine to the center console?

Thank You
Old 11-05-2018, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
You'll have to look for the grommet that is in the engine compartment firewall. Every car has one or more. This is where the ECU connects to the interior usually. No specifics as I haven't worked on the GLC yet. But having installed numerous front-end laser jammers and detectors, it's something I've done for years. Typically you will have to pull the grommet out, drill a small hole, pull your wire and silicone it. Don't just run the wire next to the grommet as the metal of the firewall will fray it and short out!

I just did a quick google search, and the ECU in GLC is dead center of the engine - which will be a bear to get through to the inside. You may have to look for other grommets, there are probably a handful for things like all around cameras, parking sensors etc. Those, if idle, are ideal as they won't have any wires on them currently. Best of luck, write back with pics if you find it for others to use later!