GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

My first 9,000 kms with the 2019 GLC300 4 Matic

Old 12-10-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S550,GLC300
My first 9,000 kms with the 2019 GLC300 4 Matic

Almost about to introduce the 5th digit on my odometer, time for an update
Interesting observation happened the other day, we had rain, snow, sleet all within a few hours of each other and my two front windows froze shut....
The temps were not that low below zero maybe only 1 or 2 degrees, so pretty warm still, not enough to normally do this. My thoughts are that the motors are unusually weak, or that the tolerances are very tight with the windows and sill ( most likely reason for noise abatement and cheating the wind)
Luckily it happened when I was not going to Timmies or that would have been catastrophic
So when I tucked her in for the night, I left the aux heater on, to melt the ice overnight.
Next morning windows opened fine she is a balmy 1.5 degrees in the garage.
I put all the windows down and you could see all the streaking of water on them ( felt liners is my guess) so I then drove to air dry them and repeated it after a Timmies visit of course, and then windows had little H2O left behind after this running them up and down a few times and letting the airspeed dry them.
Just a quick note for all of you, I wonder what would happen when winter comes and it gets cold out

Also had a new warning come up on the dash..." Sensors dirty cruise control not working" or something to that effect.
This shows a serious failing of the system having only a single access cruise control vs a two stage one, for Mercedes its embarrassing, when "lesser" cars have it.
Interesting item is though I never cleaned the cameras and it has worked for a week now, so testament to the sensitivity of the units, top marks there.

Are my windshield wipers getting quieter?....shhhhhh
Shifting into reverse still needs a two pump or long hold....
The ABS was called up the other day, she worked fine, however I was surprised on the all season tires and how they did not like skating that much, maybe I did not get the Canadian version?
Got to get my rims figured out getting different feedback on offset, etc... Got the Michel Xice 2's ready to roll.
See you at 10k