Need help with Premier Maintenance contract

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Need help with Premier Maintenance contract

All,
Need your advice with the premier prepaid maintenance contract. We picked up our new GLC300 yesterday and the Finance guy offered a 4 YR premier pre-paid maintenance contract for $2400. They said unless I buy it @ time of purchase, I can't get the 30% discount they are offering on that.
I was hesitant since I didn't have the full details but I bought the 2 YR option for $1300 to enroll into the program (once you get the 2 YR option, you can continue the contract at the original discount) while not having to be locked in for the full 4 years.

I realized later that this maintenance contract is different from the standard contract that MB offers on their website (~$750 for 2 years). Dealer mentioned that this program has more comprehensive service and covers everything except for brake pads (though they are unable to give a list of all the different services they are going to do).

I need advice on whether I should continue with the program OR cancel it (I have the option open till tomorrow). Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Old 02-22-2019, 12:40 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Don't know for sure, but sounds like a bad deal to me. As you point out the MB prepaid maintenance is only ~$750 for 2 years. 2 years will get you one A service and one B service. My dealership charges $270 for the A service and the B service is $650 (the same price for the 20K and 40K B service), but rates differ by dealership. Call your dealer's service department to ask what they charge for an A service and a B service. Also consider that PPM guards against future price increases for maintenance.

I called around to price prepaid maintenance contracts. When a dealer quoted a 3 year price that was higher than just paying for maintenance at the time of service i.e. with no PPM contract, the dealer lied and told me the 40K B service has higher cost. I mentioned that to my local service manager, he told me that was BS.
The following users liked this post:
spider441 (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 GLC 300 4-Matic
Here in Canada the 4 year maintenance (3 services for a 45-month lease) is $999. So to me it's a bad deal. But again not sure what's included in your premier service plan.
spider441 (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 4Matic
No deal Howie. Get a refund immediately. You can search the forum for options but I personally used Jeff Jackson and bought a 4-year prepaid maintenance contract for $1415.09 ($1335 + 6% KY tax).
spider441 (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by spider441
All,
Need your advice with the premier prepaid maintenance contract. We picked up our new GLC300 yesterday and the Finance guy offered a 4 YR premier pre-paid maintenance contract for $2400. They said unless I buy it @ time of purchase, I can't get the 30% discount they are offering on that.
I was hesitant since I didn't have the full details but I bought the 2 YR option for $1300 to enroll into the program (once you get the 2 YR option, you can continue the contract at the original discount) while not having to be locked in for the full 4 years.

I realized later that this maintenance contract is different from the standard contract that MB offers on their website (~$750 for 2 years). Dealer mentioned that this program has more comprehensive service and covers everything except for brake pads (though they are unable to give a list of all the different services they are going to do).

I need advice on whether I should continue with the program OR cancel it (I have the option open till tomorrow). Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
This alone would have had me decline the prepaid maintenance contract they offered/you bought from the beginning. IF they can't tell you exactly what you are paying $1300 for, then they don't get my $$$$. Do like "TheGreatOne" suggested and get your money back, asap. Then find the warranty thread at MBWorld and go from there...or call Jeff.
spider441 (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Thank you all for your input. Going into the dealership today to cancel the pre-maintenance product.Appreciate your help