Incorrect Service Date - Dealer/Mercedes Cannot Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
Incorrect Service Date - Dealer/Mercedes Cannot Fix

Hello All,

No one at the dealer, Mercedes USA or Mercedesme app folks cannot figure out how to correct this, so turning to you gurus out here.

Took delivery of brand new GLC last Saturday, 05/04 and the dealer set up Mercedesme account the same day. Got home happy and started playing with the app to find the next scheduled service date to indicate February 4, 2020. From what I know the first service is due in one year or 10K miles, whichever comes first, From what I know the date indicated in both the car and the app need to indicate a year from purchase date regardless of miles driven (unless you go over 10K miles within a year of purchase date, I'll get an alert).

I could reset the service reminder from the car, but doing so will tell the car that I've already had my first service A taken care of, which is not accurate, unless there is a way to go back and change the date without affecting the service history. Any ideas?

I typically drive less than 10K miles a year so I'll get a reminder (in red) for three months that I'm past due for service.... very annoying...

Thanks, All.

Last edited by sgmstr; 05-07-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 GLC 300
Unless I'm missing something, I'd ignore the app and wait for the car to tell you when the next service is due.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 181 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
If you check, I'll bet that your car's service will just about one year from its BUILD date, not its "in service" date. I ran into the same problem when I bought my E400, which had been sitting at the dealer for 6 months or so before I took delivery. The two dealers I have consulted have both told me that the cars now work this way, and that they are unable to reset the service indicator date calculations. What this did to me was accelerate my first Service A to be 6 months after delivery instead of one year. I just let it be and did the service as the car indicated. Subsequent service calls have each been one year after the previous one.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 472 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
but if it was sitting for 6 months would not the year thing make sense???
I mean it was no different then sitting in your garage for same time..

so make sense for oil change and service reasons....
Old 05-19-2019, 02:31 PM

2016 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by SteveE400
If you check, I'll bet that your car's service will just about one year from its BUILD date, not its "in service" date. I ran into the same problem when I bought my E400, which had been sitting at the dealer for 6 months or so before I took delivery. The two dealers I have consulted have both told me that the cars now work this way, and that they are unable to reset the service indicator date calculations. What this did to me was accelerate my first Service A to be 6 months after delivery instead of one year. I just let it be and did the service as the car indicated. Subsequent service calls have each been one year after the previous one.
You're on the spot.. it was a year from the build date.

I had finally dealer to admit that they messed up and fixed it. It literally took them 5 minutes to correct the date, but they couldn't back date it to the actual in-service date so it actually shows a week after which i don't really mind (it was all that reminder warning that I know would be annoyed).

When a customer takes delivery of a new car, the service reminder must be re-set to show the delivery date as day 1. This dealer just forgot to this. The first service date is clearly stated in the manual IIRC.

Last edited by sgmstr; 05-19-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:32 PM

2016 GLC300 4Matic
First service is a year from in-service date (i.e. the date of delivery to customer). That what the manual says IIRC.