Info on 2020 Off-road modes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 12:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 300 2020 SUV
Info on 2020 Off-road modes?

Hi,
I got a GLC 2020 specced with the Offroad modes (selectable in the Dynamic Selector as Offroad and Offroad+).

I'm looking for some information about these modes, but all I get is a generic description about the package. Does anybody know what exactly each of these two modes does?

​​​​​​
Old 03-22-2020, 02:51 PM

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
GLC

From the Owner's Manual:

These drive programs assist you when driving off-road. Select the Off Road drive program for easily negotiable off-road terrain, e.g. dirt tracks, gravel or sandy surfaces.

Select the Off Road + drive program for rough terrain, e.g. for steep and/or uneven terrain or for driving on rocky terrain.

Last edited by chillysyrup; 03-22-2020 at 02:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by chillysyrup:
Ravenkeeper (03-23-2020), Stark33 (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 04:30 PM

GLC 300 2020 SUV
Thanks for the reply, but I had already noted this. I was wondering if there was any additional information about how it adapts all the systems. The following snippet is from this link. But I don't see any way to select these "modes", do you?

Off-Road Engineering Package

The Off-Road Engineering Package offers even better off-road capability at the push of a button. The modified characteristics of the drive system optimise traction in particular on loose ground. Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR) ) helps the driver master even steep descents safely

Elements of the Off-Road Engineering Package:
  • Up to five different off-road drive modes: Offroad, Incline, Slippery, Trailer and Rock Free (Rock Free only in conjunction with the optional AIR BODY CONTROL air suspension system)
  • Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR) hill descent control system, located in the centre console behind the central control, integrated centred in a chrome brace
  • Off-road lights function (only in conjunction with the Intelligent Light System)
  • Off-road suspension: + 20 mm
  • Technical underride guard made of GEMTEX
Old 03-28-2020, 06:19 PM

GLC 300 2020 SUV
Also the outgoing model seems to have more functionality than the current one, with respect to offroad modes, and info display. I'm talking about these screens which are there in the 2016 model but not in the facelifted model.

Anyone have any explanations?