Help with lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 179 Posts
Trek Bike
Question Help with lease

Don't have any experience with lease, need experts' help here.
2020 GLC 300 MSRP was 45,920, CPO with 5k miles: dealer quote for 36months/12k miles/yr lease is 2,990 down and 354 monthly payment.
Can you folks help me understand does this make sense? What would be the best deal?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2020, 12:57 AM

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts
2015 GLK350 & 2020 C300
How far do you plan to drive annually?

Honestly I wouldn't lease right now. The economy is collapsing and the car market with it. Discounts are to be had in the coming months on new and used cars. Roughly $15000 for three years lease on a slightly used car that is pretty much low optioned.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
First - you are looking at a Demo or Retired Loaner - that gives you the advantage of having a Pre-Owned/Demo Discount - with Mercedes that special GLC qualifies for New Car Lease Rates - and that Pre-Owned Discount helps bring the payment down'

On a $46K GLC - that Demo Discount off the top price "should" be about 12%-Plus of the MSRP - meaning about $5,500 to $6,000 off the Top - if they are showing more than that as a discount - that's a Plus.

That Demo "should" have been servied - meaning the 10K mile 1st service should already have been done - check that with that dealer.

Unless you asked to put $2,990 down to reach that payment for your budget - ask the dealer to also price the lease out to you based on 1st payment only.

You can compare the two payments - and see which (cash down vrs payment) "best fits" for you - for Mercedes it's all the same to them.

Also ask to see the lease payment with added in 3Yrs Prepaid Mercedes Maintenance - which on a lease can be a great deal to get that out of the way too.

Frankly the impact of COVID at the moment is that Dealer's are not getting more New Cars - and factories are coming back real-real slow due to supply chain disruption - so this year will be very tight for 2020's and Fall/Maybe 2021's.

If you love this GLC - get it - and don't look back.

The following users liked this post:
S.W (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 01:50 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
W220
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Fabbris, your replies throughout the forums are always helpful and appreciated.
fred9x (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 179 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
First - you are looking at a Demo or Retired Loaner - that gives you the advantage of having a Pre-Owned/Demo Discount - with Mercedes that special GLC qualifies for New Car Lease Rates - and that Pre-Owned Discount helps bring the payment down'

On a $46K GLC - that Demo Discount off the top price "should" be about 12%-Plus of the MSRP - meaning about $5,500 to $6,000 off the Top - if they are showing more than that as a discount - that's a Plus.

That Demo "should" have been servied - meaning the 10K mile 1st service should already have been done - check that with that dealer.

Unless you asked to put $2,990 down to reach that payment for your budget - ask the dealer to also price the lease out to you based on 1st payment only.

You can compare the two payments - and see which (cash down vrs payment) "best fits" for you - for Mercedes it's all the same to them.

Also ask to see the lease payment with added in 3Yrs Prepaid Mercedes Maintenance - which on a lease can be a great deal to get that out of the way too.

Frankly the impact of COVID at the moment is that Dealer's are not getting more New Cars - and factories are coming back real-real slow due to supply chain disruption - so this year will be very tight for 2020's and Fall/Maybe 2021's.

Appreciate detailed response.
Deal was good, but they would not include the maintenance plan and service A was not done.
I'll let somebody else have it...
Thank you all for chiming in!

Old 05-25-2020, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Just to clarify -

A. the dealer "should" dothe A service early/now - your push back should be "Mercedes Financial is giving this Demo New Car Lease" - "and you say I have 3yrs/36K for my lease on top of the current miles like I was driving away with Zero miles as a new car ".......then why can't I drive away starting with 0miles/12mos before the 1st service?".

B. I apologize - on 3yrs/30K prepaid service - if the Demo is priced right a dealer can't "include PpdM at No Charge" - what I mean is 3yrs/36K pre-paid maintenance can be affordably added into your lease payment - if that's done right - yes - you save good on service you will need to have done.

6G Schnell (05-25-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 05:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC
That sounds like a terrible lease deal for a used car who real world resell value is likely around 33,000 right now.

run from that.
6G Schnell (05-27-2020)