Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 GLC 300 4matic
Spare tire kits available from ModernSpare.com

All,

I know there's been a bunch of discussion about how to piece together a spare tire kit using OEM Mercedes parts, especially those who are considering replacing (or have already replaced) their runflat tires with conventional ones.

On another auto forum, someone mentioned a store selling compact spare tire kits: ModernSpare.com. They have a listing for spare tires for GLCs as well as jacks & tools to accompany. The spare tire supposedly fits under the cargo floor.

No business affiliation, no customer experience, etc. Just wanted to share an option for those still looking.

Last edited by oskidbear; 06-05-2020 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Added link to modernspare.com home page
The following 3 users liked this post by oskidbear:
ajmtbm (06-04-2020), fred9x (06-04-2020), MikeA765 (07-10-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 09:33 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Thanks oskidbear That is a nice find

I did some measuring and it looks like there is a fuse box back there which the tire will rest on a bit, which would leave the load floor raised, but not too much. I believe i read here that some regions don't have the fuse box there (I'm in North America). If not for that, would be a perfect fit

Even if the floor sticks up a bit looks like this is a really nice solution. For $400 I just may give it a shot as I am looking at going to non-RFT and i need to replace my tires before the winter for sure

Thanks so Much!
The following users liked this post:
oskidbear (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 04:17 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 GLC 300 4matic
You're welcome, ajmtbm!

ModernSpare.com definitely makes it much easier to add a spare tire to the car. A nice combination might pair a spare from modernspare.com with the OEM jack kit, which should fit into the molded brackets/holders under the left side of the load floor.