GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Any recent change to the status wording of the tire pressure on the Mercedes app?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 01:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any recent change to the status wording of the tire pressure on the Mercedes app?

I monitor the tire pressure status on the Mercedes app almost daily since day 1 (1.3 years) of owing the car. It is under the service icon - tire pressure. It has always read "no tire pressure loss detected." Knock on woods.

However, just last night when I check, the status is different. It reads "tire pressure is within normal range".

I contacted the service adviser this morning. He mentions it is probably someone has updated the wording to show more info. So he is not sure. He ensure me that a light (message) will appear in the vehicle when a pressure loss is detected.

Can someone please check what the status read on your Mercedes app?

Old 04-08-2021, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,927 Likes on 2,624 Posts
2019 C63CS
Mine always said and still says "Pressure is within normal range", but my car uses the new Mercedes me connect app. I never really check the tire pressure through the app, though, because it's not the current pressure. Its the last pressure seen when the car was parked and turned off and therefore most importantly not the cold pressure unless you just quickly started and stopped the car w/o actually driving it and heating up the tires, so it's pretty useless to have this information in the app if it isn't current. Tire pressure always needs to be checked when the tires are cold or driven less than a mile. Have to let them cool down for at least 3 hours after driving before checking it.