GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Last few words of audio gets cut off.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300 4matic
Last few words of audio gets cut off.

Hello, I own a 2018 GLC 300 4matic and recently when I was driving, I turned on google to guide me to my destination, and I noticed that everytime when google is nearing the end of it's phrase it cuts off and I don't hear the name of the road, or for how long I need to travel on the road. For example google is try ing to say "in a quarter of a mile to right onto center road". I only hear " in a quarter of a mile turn right onto ce" so the last word(s) are cut off. I've already deactivated my phone and unpaired, then repaired, but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:25 PM

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC300 & 2009 SL550 (previously had 1999 CLK / 2006 E500 / 2011 GL450)
From your post, I understand you are getting the route guidance from your phone via through Bluetooth. If so, are you listening to an audio source, that is NOT coming from your phone through Bluetooth at the same time? If so, try listening to audio from your phone (via Bluetooth) while navigating and see if it does the same thing (it can be locally stored music, or a streaming service -- shouldn't matter).

I don't have a 2018, but I remember from one of my previous cars, the Bluetooth directions when your audio is coming from another source never worked right. I needed to be listening to music on my phone if I wanted the audio not to lose the first/last part of the guidance, otherwise my experience was similar to what you describe above. Otherwise, the "interruption" of my program by the guidance instructions didn't provide the full guidance. The issue is that the Bluetooth didn't interrupt the program playing from the head unit properly, and I never could figure out a fix.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300 4matic
Originally Posted by High Technology
From your post, I understand you are getting the route guidance from your phone via through Bluetooth. If so, are you listening to an audio source, that is NOT coming from your phone through Bluetooth at the same time? If so, try listening to audio from your phone (via Bluetooth) while navigating and see if it does the same thing (it can be locally stored music, or a streaming service -- shouldn't matter).

I don't have a 2018, but I remember from one of my previous cars, the Bluetooth directions when your audio is coming from another source never worked right. I needed to be listening to music on my phone if I wanted the audio not to lose the first/last part of the guidance, otherwise my experience was similar to what you describe above. Otherwise, the "interruption" of my program by the guidance instructions didn't provide the full guidance. The issue is that the Bluetooth didn't interrupt the program playing from the head unit properly, and I never could figure out a fix.
I have the route guidance coming from my phone via bluetooth. I will try to play music will having route guidance and see if that helps. Thank you