GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

CEL Code P0456 "small leak detected in the Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) system"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 07:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 Chevrolet Silverado Midnight Edition
Unhappy CEL Code P0456 "small leak detected in the Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) system"

I've cleaned both my gas cap and my fill port, and within 3 starts the code is back.

HELP?!!!!
Old 06-07-2021, 08:37 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2019 GLC300 4matic
EVAP Leak

My 2019 GLC had a leak in the gas tank. One of the vent hose barbs had a crack in it. CEL would be cleared and then would return sometimes within five minutes and sometimes after an hour or so. Took three trips to the dealer to find it. They changed the gas cap, then the canister and then finally did a smoke test to find the leak in the tank. Good Luck.
The following users liked this post:
Ravenkeeper (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by tisi_03
My 2019 GLC had a leak in the gas tank. One of the vent hose barbs had a crack in it. CEL would be cleared and then would return sometimes within five minutes and sometimes after an hour or so. Took three trips to the dealer to find it. They changed the gas cap, then the canister and then finally did a smoke test to find the leak in the tank. Good Luck.
I cleaned the cap and the fill port, again, it's coming due for service, may have them smoke check it.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:58 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by tisi_03
Originally Posted by Ravenkeeper
I cleaned the cap and the fill port, again, it's coming due for service, may have them smoke check it.
So I had an appointment for A3 servicing on Saturday, and had them look at the CEL Code. They said that it was under warranty and that they replaced the charcoal filter on the EVAP system. Drove the car for the rest of the weekend, over 200 miles, the rest of Saturday and all day on Sunday, NO issues. When I scheduled it for the appointment, I added @tisi_03 /your experience to my notes for the code, the mechanic said that he's seen that happen, but the smoke test revealed the charcoal filter canister.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenkeeper
So I had an appointment for A3 servicing on Saturday, and had them look at the CEL Code. They said that it was under warranty and that they replaced the charcoal filter on the EVAP system. Drove the car for the rest of the weekend, over 200 miles, the rest of Saturday and all day on Sunday, NO issues. When I scheduled it for the appointment, I added @tisi_03 /your experience to my notes for the code, the mechanic said that he's seen that happen, but the smoke test revealed the charcoal filter canister.
So, the CEL still hasn't come back on.