GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Owners Manual frustration!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 07:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C300 W205
Unhappy Owners Manual frustration!

Now that I want to look up certain settings about my new 2022 GLC, I'm reliving the nightmare of the owner's manual, as I did for my 2019 GLC. If I can find the subject or item I'm looking for by using the table of contents, It either explains a ridiculous amount of features I don't have or never answers the detail I'm looking for. Here's an example: When I configure the custom 1 seeing in Dynamic Select, the 2019 gave me a Steering option, the 2022 doesn't. Is there a better source of looking up information specific to the 2022 GLC? I have Googled, checked on YouTube, etc. without much luck.

BTW: feel free to answer the question about the "No steering setting in Custome1"

Thanks

PS; Yes, I'm one of those people who needs to know, understand, and articulate things
Old 04-22-2022, 04:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC300
One-word advice: google (or YouTube if you prefer)

My wife is so enamored with her brand spanking new '22 GLC that she is actually watching YouTube videos on the million options of the driver assistance package, what the buttons and functions do, etc. Her MO has always been "why don't you look it up and tell me what to do".
Old 04-22-2022, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,833 Likes on 2,560 Posts
2019 C63CS
First off, the owners manuals are available as PDF on MBUSA, so you can easily search them (https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals). But yes, the chapter on DYNAMIC SELECT is fairly light in general. Partly because different models have different configurability. AMG models have different options from non-AMG models. The steering for example in the 63 models is not a standalone option, instead it's part of the AMG DYNAMICS chassis dynamics setting, which has 3-4 modes depending on if it's an S or non-S model. Perhaps you can post a screenshot of what you see. DYNAMIC SELECT has changed over the model years. In regular MB models it's frankly a bit of a gimmick as there isn't much difference between the modes anyway.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 176 Likes on 146 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
Originally Posted by superswiss
...DYNAMIC SELECT has changed over the model years. In regular MB models it's frankly a bit of a gimmick as there isn't much difference between the modes anyway.
The first time my wife did some highway driving she complained about the gas mileage, saying it wasn't nearly as good as her 2015 C300 was. Next day I checked the Dynamic Select and it was set to Comfort, and I changed it to Eco. She texted me later that day "Much better! Thank you" with a shot of the MFD:

Note that it had defaulted back to Comfort.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,833 Likes on 2,560 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by eddieo45
The first time my wife did some highway driving she complained about the gas mileage, saying it wasn't nearly as good as her 2015 C300 was. Next day I checked the Dynamic Select and it was set to Comfort, and I changed it to Eco. She texted me later that day "Much better! Thank you" with a shot of the MFD:

Note that it had defaulted back to Comfort.
Yeah, Eco mode makes some sense if you care about mpg. It enables gliding and holds higher gears longer, but makes the throttle response mushy. But on average they don't save all that much unless you do a lot of highway driving and take advantage of the glide mode. Since it always reverts back to Comfort, though, you have to remember to put it back in Eco next time the car is driven.