GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2021 GLC 300 Debadging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLA 250
2021 GLC 300 Debadging

Anyone know if the rear badges on a 2021 GLC 300 are glued on or have this tiny drill holes instead? Want to de-badge the back "GLC 300" and "4matic" from my car, and leave only the star.

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2021, 02:39 AM

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by merlinflex
Anyone know if the rear badges on a 2021 GLC 300 are glued on or have this tiny drill holes instead? Want to de-badge the back "GLC 300" and "4matic" from my car, and leave only the star.

Thanks!
Most vehicle letters are attached by both side sticky tape.

Warm up letters with your hair dryer, then put the dental floss between the letter and trunk. Final clean up with alcohol or WD-40.
The following users liked this post:
merlinflex (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLA 250
Originally Posted by sn202020
Most vehicle letters are attached by both side sticky tape.

Warm up letters with your hair dryer, then put the dental floss between the letter and trunk. Final clean up with alcohol or WD-40.
Thanks yeah, have done that many times before, but saw elsewhere that someone mentioned some cars are now having the emblems secured so that they cannot be de-baged, so wanted to check to see if anyone had encountered that before I started to de-badge.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:42 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
GLC
Originally Posted by merlinflex

Thanks!
I have a '20 and de-badged my "GLC 300 4matic" a few months ago. It turned out great. They are just held by adhesive (and A LOT of it). The only thing that's held with pins is the star. I removed my star with three separate pieces of floss (very carefully) and brought it in to get tinted. It turned out really nice. I'm very happy with the clean look of the backend now.
merlinflex (10-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2022, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ram pick-up
Picked up from the dealership on Monday evening, spent all day Tuesday cleaning, giving it a much needed clay-bar treatment, ceramic coating and de-badging the tailgate. I like the clean look, but she wasn’t happy that I did it to her brand-new car. I think she will grow to enjoy the look or I will end up getting a new set and reinstalling them. Her car, her choice so we shall see.

eddieo45 (04-28-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 09:23 AM

GLC
Originally Posted by KCSam
I have a '20 and de-badged my "GLC 300 4matic" a few months ago. It turned out great. They are just held by adhesive (and A LOT of it). The only thing that's held with pins is the star. I removed my star with three separate pieces of floss (very carefully) and brought it in to get tinted. It turned out really nice. I'm very happy with the clean look of the backend now.
After a few months with the front and rear star tinted, I went ahead and removed it. It looked really good when you looked at at straight on, but from the side or any other angle it looked like it had cheap plastic draped on. I'm much happier now with the original chrome color of both stars. It's a great accent to all my overall black theme I have going on.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 149 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
Originally Posted by w650gb500
Picked up from the dealership on Monday evening, spent all day Tuesday cleaning, giving it a much needed clay-bar treatment, ceramic coating and de-badging the tailgate. I like the clean look, but she wasn’t happy that I did it to her brand-new car. I think she will grow to enjoy the look or I will end up getting a new set and reinstalling them. Her car, her choice so we shall see.

I spent a year convincing my wife to have a new car and another 4 months on the essential options, like AMG trim and the lighting package. Her car was debadged at the dealership before she ever saw it, just like her previous three and all of mine. Why is your star emblem/hatch release stuck in? Ours springs back when pushed. PS: have you looked into mudflaps??
Old 04-28-2022, 08:10 AM

Ram pick-up
The star is open because, if you can see it, the car is in reverse(white light on). She was pulling out of the garage when I took the picture.

I need to get both front and rear mudflaps, but there is so much info to sort through on which ones actually work. Her Coupe has the AMG Package with no running boards and it looks like eBay or Amazon are the only options and they seem to shipping from China. I guess I’ll just order them and take my chances.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The star is open because, if you can see it, the car is in reverse(white light on). She was pulling out of the garage when I took the picture.
wait, what?? so when the car is in reverse the star opens??

I need to get both front and rear mudflaps, but there is so much info to sort through on which ones actually work. Her Coupe has the AMG Package with no running boards and it looks like eBay or Amazon are the only options and they seem to shipping from China. I guess I’ll just order them and take my chances.
I just emailed my local dealership's parts department (and left them a voicemail yesterday); I can't believe how hard it is to get the correct part numbers for the mudflaps. All the eBay listings cite the same OEM part numbers that won't fit our AMG-style coupes, even on the ones they say will. My wife has a business trip coming up in a week or so and I'm getting her grille swapped to Panamericana-style while she's away; I'd love to get black mudflaps installed at the same time. I had ordered the car with a black rear spoiler that didn't get installed for some reason and when my wife heard me discussing it she said "I don't want a spoiler!" I pushed back a little but I let it go, and I think she may be right: the spoiler may have been black trim overkill.

I love the wheels you chose, BTW. I went with AMG Multispokes (with black accents, of course).

Old 04-28-2022, 09:02 AM

GLC
Originally Posted by eddieo45

I just emailed my local dealership's parts department (and left them a voicemail yesterday); I can't believe how hard it is to get the correct part numbers for the mudflaps. All the eBay listings cite the same OEM part numbers that won't fit our AMG-style coupes, even on the ones they say will. My wife has a business trip coming up in a week or so and I'm getting her grille swapped to Panamericana-style while she's away; I'd love to get black mudflaps installed at the same time. I had ordered the car with a black rear spoiler that didn't get installed for some reason and when my wife heard me discussing it she said "I don't want a spoiler!" I pushed back a little but I let it go, and I think she may be right: the spoiler may have been black trim overkill.

I love the wheels you chose, BTW. I went with AMG Multispokes (with black accents, of course).
Hey, Eddie. So you finally got the car delivered? Congratulations. Sends some pictures. I'd like to see how it looks. Especially after you get the new grille. I absolutely LOVE my grille update.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:07 AM

Ram pick-up
Originally Posted by eddieo45
‘The reverse camera is located in the lower portion of the star.
eddieo45 (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KCSam
Hey, Eddie. So you finally got the car delivered? Congratulations. Sends some pictures. I'd like to see how it looks. Especially after you get the new grille. I absolutely LOVE my grille update.
will do Sam; as soon as she gets on that plane I'm off to the body shop!

‘The reverse camera is located in the lower portion of the star.
​​​​​​​...that is so cool! I was impressed that it opens the hatch, lol!
Old 04-28-2022, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

response from my local dealer parts dept.: "unfortunately you cannot add mud flaps to this vehicle due to it having the AMG package. AMGs cannot fit mudflaps, if you’re seeing them on any it was equipped with aftermarket mud flaps"