GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Digital cluster options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 01:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C300 W205
Digital cluster options

Other than, Comfort, Sport and Aggressive, are there any other adjustments that you can make?
Example : changing the speedometer to an audio display.

I've seen YouTube videos showing this, but it only be for higher end models, not a GLC?
Old 04-25-2022, 06:24 AM

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
2021 GLC 300 4Matic
If you're referring to the area between the left and right gauge cluster, you can change it to a few things. Not sure what year you have but on my 21 you press the back button on the left side of the steering wheel. From there, you should see a ribbon of options to select from. Depending on what you select, you will have different options available. Under the trip meter, you'll have speedometer and trip meters or you could select media for USB or Bluetooth connections to name just a few. If you have the correct head unit, you can have full screen navigation on the driver's side as well.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:31 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by don w
Other than, Comfort, Sport and Aggressive, are there any other adjustments that you can make?
Example : changing the speedometer to an audio display.

I've seen YouTube videos showing this, but it only be for higher end models, not a GLC?
On the GLC you can customize what is displayed in the center (between the dials) to be audio, navigation instructions, trip, driver assist functions, digital speed readout, etc. On the right dial, you can change it to be tach, G-force, trip info, navigation (only if you have the multimedia/nav package), and a few others I can't recall. The speedometer dial on the left can't be changed at all on the GLC. The theme for the interface (and MBUX screen in the center console) can be adjusted between three themes, Classic, Sport and Progressive. I find progressive the most pleasing while Classic looks just like your traditional Mercedes displays. Sport is too yellow for my taste - wish it was red.

For those without navigation built-in, I just discovered that if you have the center (between the two dials) set for navigation where it says "insert media"... plugging in your iPhone for CarPlay and using navigation actually shows navigation instructions on this display! So cool!

- Eric