GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Upgrade Your Carplay to Wireless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 11:09 PM

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC300 & 2009 SL550 (previously had 1999 CLK / 2006 E500 / 2011 GL450)
Has anyone here actually used one of these kits for Wireless CarPlay on an MBUX equipped vehicle? I've used Wireless CarPlay in some rental vehicles (Fords) and it works pretty well. MB promised this for MBUX, but that was vaporware, so would like to see some real world reviews.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:48 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2020 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by High Technology
Has anyone here actually used one of these kits for Wireless CarPlay on an MBUX equipped vehicle? I've used Wireless CarPlay in some rental vehicles (Fords) and it works pretty well. MB promised this for MBUX, but that was vaporware, so would like to see some real world reviews.
Yep, I got this one:
Amazon Amazon

It works great. Connects automatically and so far stays connected all the time. My only complaint is with Mercedes, because the two USB ports inside the arm rest don't work - you have to use the one by the cup holders, which means the car play box either sits in the phone charging area, or if I want my phone in there so it charges, I have to put it in a cup holder. Kind of a pain. I wish I could hide it under the arm rest. Otherwise, no complaints!
The following users liked this post:
Sailorlite (12-12-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 300 Coupe
I have wanted to try these but on Amazon, the ratings are not promising for that kind of money. But I totally get you when it comes to not being able to carplay connect from the under the arm rest. That would be more idea for this.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lexus
Be careful. Amazon has so many knock-offs, I rather go with one that someone has used and know it works.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GCL 300
Buyer beware

Hi,

I ordered from this from their official webpage. It worked fine for a while but quickly drains the phone's battery.
After 3 weeks it stopped working and the seller didn't replay to any emails, what's app or wechat messages.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 GLE 300
No customer support after sale

Originally Posted by Carlinkit Carplay
Carlinkitcarplay.com provide profectional after-sales service for every customer who purchase products from our website, you can buy and try our product and if you are not satified with it, you can return the product to us easily and get the refund.

I bought one off your ebay store and threw away the box and wrote to you guys that I needed instructions and never heard back. I have a lovely paperweight dongle sitting on my desk at home.
steveo242 (12-17-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 01:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lexus
Originally Posted by High Technology
I have had the carlinkit 3.0 for about 1 year. I have to say the upgraded firmware is a must. It has been very reliable. I don't even notice it anymore. I get in the car and in about 20 seconds or so the phone is connected and Carplay is up.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facelift GLC43
I’ve been using the 3.0 for two months now and the connection is quick.

however I have an issue where if I receive a call and the other person hangs up, the music/radio will not start again.

the car will continue to think that I am on a call and I have to play with my phone, place a call on Mbux(not CarPlay) and hang up for the music/radio to work again. Been driving me nuts.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 Glc 300
At last something for android auto, i will take a look at the video and decide next steps. Will it work on my MB Glc300 2020 Canadian version??
Old 08-31-2022, 07:12 PM

2020 Glc 300
shame the shipping isn't free entirely as there is likely a tax etc to pay when coming into Canada. OH well

Last edited by Keefrto1; 08-31-2022 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:25 PM

2020 Glc 300
Originally Posted by Carlinkit Carplay
Hi, there

Could you kindly tell us which product did you buy? You are welcome to contact us on our facebook account.

ttps://www.facebook.com/carlinkitcarplayofficial

BTW, We need to make a statement that ebay and Amazon are not affiliated with carlinkit, there are many retailers on many sales platforms, and many customers report to us that they buy carlinkit products on platforms such as Amazon or ebay. But their retailers do not providing technical support, we think it is very irresponsible behaviour. So we prefer to recommend customers to place orders directly in our store. We have a professional technical after-sales team, and we provide professional after-sales support for every customer who buys at carlinkitcarplay.com.
upon reviewing Amazon.ca there are 2 sellers that even state click to go to carlink store and talk about the after sales suppport are you saying this is not you guys? Cheers, great looking product by the way
Old 08-31-2022, 07:27 PM

2020 Glc 300
Originally Posted by Tim_P
Yep, I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TT4LV5J..._li_ss_tl&th=1

It works great. Connects automatically and so far stays connected all the time. My only complaint is with Mercedes, because the two USB ports inside the arm rest don't work - you have to use the one by the cup holders, which means the car play box either sits in the phone charging area, or if I want my phone in there so it charges, I have to put it in a cup holder. Kind of a pain. I wish I could hide it under the arm rest. Otherwise, no complaints!
good to know it works with mbux, my 2020 glc 300 is screaming out for wireless!!
Old 08-31-2022, 08:48 PM

2020 Glc 300
darn, it isnt supported for my 2020 GLC300. Saved me from spending $100+. Oh well i can wait!
Old 09-01-2022, 04:15 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
I recently purchased CarlinkIt 4.0 and SIGHILL Wireless Charger for my 2022 GLC300 SUV. The CarlinkIt dongle attaches to the CarPlay port in the armrest, and so is hidden. The SIGHILL Wireless Charger fits perfectly in the cup holder compartment. I can even close the compartment with the phone charging. The CarlinkIt works perfectly so far. It recognizes my phone before I finish sitting down. I haven’t experienced and continuity issues. Music sounds great, no issues with phone calls or SIRI communication.
Kyle
Keefrto1 (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 09:42 AM

2020 Glc 300
Originally Posted by KJWLI
I recently purchased CarlinkIt 4.0 and SIGHILL Wireless Charger for my 2022 GLC300 SUV. The CarlinkIt dongle attaches to the CarPlay port in the armrest, and so is hidden. The SIGHILL Wireless Charger fits perfectly in the cup holder compartment. I can even close the compartment with the phone charging. The CarlinkIt works perfectly so far. It recognizes my phone before I finish sitting down. I haven’t experienced and continuity issues. Music sounds great, no issues with phone calls or SIRI communication.
Kyle
Hi Kyle, i am a little confused as their own website doesnt show its compatible with the GLC. I am glad that it does work for you but how is it?
Old 09-01-2022, 10:36 AM

2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
@Keefrto1 I can’t speak to what they have on the CarlinkIt website, as I bought my 4.0 on Amazon. The Amazon listing had the following statement.

This product only supports the original car with CarPlay, so your car must have the factory CarPlay to use this product. ❎Incompatible: BMW, 2022 Volvo,2022 Polestar .Supported Mobile Phones:iPhone 6 and above, applicable to iOS 10 and above version;Android phone: Android 9.0 and above, some require Android 11.0 and above version.Bids farewell to the data cable plug in the mobile phone.⚠️Not suitable for Android car radio.”

I think there is a good deal of inconsistency in their messaging. Based on the statement above, and things I’d read elsewhere, I rolled the dice and won. My connection is instantaneous and I have not experienced and issues with disconnecting that others have reported. I’ve taken 2 long trips and the music sounded the same as if it were plugged in directly and I was able to answer phone calls and respond to texts with the music coming back on when I was finished.

2 things to be aware of: One is a slight, maybe 1 second, delay between a command like changing songs and the actual song change. This is likely due to wireless latency. The second is that the CarlinkIt dongle has to be connected to the same port used for wired CarPlay. This may effect your ability to hide it. Luckily on the 2022 GLC the CarPlay port is in the armrest compartment. Overall I am very pleased.
Keefrto1 (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 10:25 PM

2020 Glc 300
Originally Posted by KJWLI
@Keefrto1 I can’t speak to what they have on the CarlinkIt website, as I bought my 4.0 on Amazon. The Amazon listing had the following statement.

This product only supports the original car with CarPlay, so your car must have the factory CarPlay to use this product. ❎Incompatible: BMW, 2022 Volvo,2022 Polestar .Supported Mobile Phones:iPhone 6 and above, applicable to iOS 10 and above version;Android phone: Android 9.0 and above, some require Android 11.0 and above version.Bids farewell to the data cable plug in the mobile phone.⚠️Not suitable for Android car radio.”

I think there is a good deal of inconsistency in their messaging. Based on the statement above, and things I’d read elsewhere, I rolled the dice and won. My connection is instantaneous and I have not experienced and issues with disconnecting that others have reported. I’ve taken 2 long trips and the music sounded the same as if it were plugged in directly and I was able to answer phone calls and respond to texts with the music coming back on when I was finished.

2 things to be aware of: One is a slight, maybe 1 second, delay between a command like changing songs and the actual song change. This is likely due to wireless latency. The second is that the CarlinkIt dongle has to be connected to the same port used for wired CarPlay. This may effect your ability to hide it. Luckily on the 2022 GLC the CarPlay port is in the armrest compartment. Overall I am very pleased.
i was taking a look at the amazon canada version and the reviews are quite mixed. Then i go to the Chinese website and see the deal but have to wait weeks and pay for import tax and duties as well. Mainly the reviews are making me not pull the trigger at this time. I will hang on a bit longer.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:54 AM

2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
I just upgraded my phone to iPhone 14 Pro Max. My car and CarlinKit were connected to my iPhone 12.

I took the new phone to the car and before I turned the car on I unplugged the CarlinKit dongle. I turned the car on and connected the new phones Bluetooth and WiFi without problem.

So the new phone was connected and the car was running and I plugged the dongel in. It took a second and then the light came on red. After a couple minutes the light started flashing green. It appeared in my phone’s Bluetooth list and I connected to it. Then the connection appeard on the car’s display and it worked through the connection process.

Once it finished CarPlay appeared on the car’s display. It worked seamlessly. I was in and out of the car twice and each time CarPlay started automatically! Two 40 minute drives and no problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Your Carplay to Wireless