GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Location SiriusXM receiver location? (2017 GLC300)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300, 2017 GLC
Location SiriusXM receiver location? (2017 GLC300)

Hello all:

My 2017 GLC with Burmeister COMAND is in an infinite boot loop- most of the time at the Mercedes logo. Will boot to Sirius once in a while for a minute or two, gives a device unavailable for a few seconds, then will reboot. Took it to the dealer, paid $330 for troubleshooting, and after my conversation with the service guy not real convinced due diligence was done, they are just going to replace the head unit for very small charge of $6400. Car only has 52k and an expensive radio like that needs to be completely replaced? (That kind of price it ought to have lifetime warranty)

Anyway, was poking around and took out the front console cover, see the head unit and the airbag controller up in the front. Googled and someone said that some other GLC model had the satellite radio in the liftgate. Sounded like a dumb location to me, but I checked and it's not in there. I checked under the cargo deck and see a little access panel for the fusebox, not for anything else. I guess it could be under there or behind the wheel-wells, but don't want to just blindly take stuff apart. (Having a hard time getting the liftgate trim panel back on, don't need more unnecessary self-inflicted work)

Anyway- where is the Sirius receiver? Any other helpful tips?

Thanks,
Joe L.