GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Light Offroad GLC - Tires and Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
Light Offroad GLC - Tires and Lift Kit

I bought a 2016 GLC300 4Matic a few months back and now that I'm acclimated with it, I would like to know if anyone has done any offroad-specific modifications to make it better off the beaten path. For reference, I previously owned a 2001 ML320 which I added 33" tires to and enjoyed on several offroad excursions (Hungry Valley SVRA, Cleghorn, and a few others). I decided to switch to the GLC because of the better driving dynamics and much better fuel economy. I understand that the GLC won't be nearly as capable as the ML320, and even that wasn't the most capable vehicle, but I'd like to know if anyone has done anything to make these X253s just a little bit better on dirt trails. Happy to hear any feedback, but I am specifically interested in these questions:
- Has anyone run 30" or 31" tires on their GLC? If not, what would realistically be the largest diameter tire one could fit (width doesn't matter too much to me, as I am really just looking for better minimum ground clearance)?
- Has anyone used lift kits to raise their GLC?
- Has anyone outfitted underbody protection?

Please feel free to post any related offroad/overlanding setups; thanks in advance!
Old 12-08-2023, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc300
Working on the same

I’m looking at doing the same with my 2018 Glc the biggest issue I’ve run into are the front spindles and brakes. The way everything is set up the perch for the upper wish bone hangs over the tire about an inch and the brake pad balancing tabs don’t allow for smaller than 18” wheels. This being said I have the OE 18” wheels and 295/70r18s which gives about 27” and any bigger and I’ll be rubbing the tires on the spindles.