GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Exclusive trim option question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Exclusive trim option question

I have a question regarding the exclusive trim, which is the middle trim package versus the more basic premium trim package.

Is the Burmeister Soundsystem worth the extra money?

The exclusive trim package also gives you Mercedes-Benz navigation. It would seem like using Google maps would be better. Is there an advantage to having Mercedes-Benz navigation that I'm not aware of? For instance, does it give you a larger screen or some other technological benefit? Thank you!
Old 08-13-2023, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 GLC 4MATIC X254
I have the Burmeister Soundsystem. It does not blow my mind away, but its not by any means bad. My Lexus UX 2019 had a stock system and its barely a noticeable upgrade.

I don't think there is any advantage to having the MB Navi, you will still get thee same 11.9 inch screen that will be able to cast wireless CarPlay. So the online music streaming is useless because you will just use Spotify or Apple Music on CarPlay. The Navigation I believe is a digital extra that you can add on after as a software update, hence no change in the hardware between the exclusive and base trim.

You are basically paying extra for the enhanced lighting, for sills, and 360 camera/parktronic. I would just get the base trim but make sure to get the drivers assistance package or you will not get a lot of new tech that makes the car nice.
Old 08-13-2023, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Thank you. This advice is very helpful and insightful. That said, when I try and add the driver assistance package, it makes me also add navigation for an additional $650. Strange.
Old 08-13-2023, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 470 Likes on 347 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jacobs
Thank you. This advice is very helpful and insightful. That said, when I try and add the driver assistance package, it makes me also add navigation for an additional $650. Strange.
yes, Navi is required for the drivers assist package. That tech group includes things called route based speed adaptation and speed limit assist which both rely on navigation data.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:25 PM

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Personally if music and sound systems are important I would get the exclusive trim for the burmester system. The base system is fine but good is not something I’d use to describe it. It is only a 5 speaker system (4 mids and 1 frontbass) the burmester system is something like 15 speakers and 710 watts. It includes surround sound, dolby atoms and sound personalization. Yes there are better systems out there, like in the S class for example, but for this class of car there really isn’t a better system IMO. If you plan on keeping the car for a little while I’d spend the extra cash.
The following users liked this post:
Gitzer (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 07:26 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2021 GLE , 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Navigation

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jacobs
Having 2 of my 3 Mercedes vehicles with navigation, I find myself depending more on Waze or similar navigation systems to get me where I want to go in the best possible way. Unfortunately there is no factory installed nav system that is really that good. Save your money, enjoy your vehicle.