GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

More Digital Light Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 04:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 GLC 4MATIC X254
More Digital Light Issues

So today my digital lights either malfunctioned or received a odd over the air update which changed their behavior sporadically.

Usually, there is a Curtain effect when switching from low to high/high to low.

Now, it’s a blur/haze effect that is similar to the 2022 GLC regular headlamps when they switched from low to high. It switches between the two.

Wondering if it’s a malfunction or weird functionality. I took a video.

I know for a fact that the triangle projection for blind spot showed up one night two months and wasn’t active before even though it was selected on in the settings. Mercedes seems to update without telling?

Yesterday I thought my lights where off they where not bright enough in the city. They still exhibit odd fang shape behavior and the only projection it does is the triangle that is so blurry it’s embarrassing. The cornering lights don’t exist , can someone confirm if they have this feature? The manual states all this stuff they can do but the headlights on my friends Toyota has cornering lights that actually light up the side.

Also, they get condensation after car wash/rains. Waiting for them to fail. What’s everyone else experience?
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0537 2.MOV (2.89 MB, 94 views)

Last edited by wesleyclarillos; 09-02-2023 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Video upload
Old 09-02-2023, 08:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 GLC
Originally Posted by wesleyclarillos
So today my digital lights either malfunctioned or received a odd over the air update which changed their behavior sporadically.

Usually, there is a Curtain effect when switching from low to high/high to low.

Now, it’s a blur/haze effect that is similar to the 2022 GLC regular headlamps when they switched from low to high. It switches between the two.

Wondering if it’s a malfunction or weird functionality. I took a video.

I know for a fact that the triangle projection for blind spot showed up one night two months and wasn’t active before even though it was selected on in the settings. Mercedes seems to update without telling?

Yesterday I thought my lights where off they where not bright enough in the city. They still exhibit odd fang shape behavior and the only projection it does is the triangle that is so blurry it’s embarrassing. The cornering lights don’t exist , can someone confirm if they have this feature? The manual states all this stuff they can do but the headlights on my friends Toyota has cornering lights that actually light up the side.

Also, they get condensation after car wash/rains. Waiting for them to fail. What’s everyone else experience?

2023 CLA Loaner with basic lights on low beam.STOP sign

2023 GLC with Digital Light on low beam.STOP sign ???

I have been complaining about these Digital Lights since May when I purchased the 2023 GLC .
The Dealer said to complain to MB USA . MB USA gave me a case number and a bunch of BS about different lights and different vehicles BLA,BLA ,BLA,
Last week I had moisture in my tail light and a 48 Volt system message so Dealer gave me a CLA loaner over night.
As you can see ,the CLA low beams are far superior to the GLC Digital Light.The fangs and absense of cornering lights are standard.The blurry triangle shows up sporadically.
I go the same route to work every morning at 5:30 am and I am having to use the headlamps manually so I can use high beams to see any animals on the side of the road or stop signs etc.
As I am getting no help from MB USA or the Dealer I have reported these dangerously defective lights to the NHTSA .My compaint is listed with 17 others regarding the 2023 GLC (not all lighting)
It's a shame MB USA wont admit they screwed up when they butchered up the Digital Light to meet US Specs.I could live with that they are working on a fix or reprogram whatever.
I encourage anyone with the Digital Light or any other safety related issue to report it to the NHTSA

The following users liked this post:
wesleyclarillos (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 02:37 AM

2023 GLC 4MATIC X254
It’s truly insane how little forward visibility I have with these “upgraded” “High tech” lights. It’s truly dangerous at night when I cannot see further than 15 ft in front of car, esp when approaching a hill. I literally have to stop and roll window down to see sides at night because there is no visibility cornering either. These smart headlamps are cool because they do a flashy dance when you start the car and unlock/lock it (if you think the grainy low res rain drops are cool), but they get a F- for illumination. It’s interesting the 2023 c class digital lights scored lower than the stock lights, like seriously Mercedes are you for real?

I reported the lights to NHSTA complaint section and also sent personal email requesting a petition for how dangerous these lights are.

Can’t wait for Mercedes to buy back this car, it’s crazy how many issues it has. I feel sorry every time I see a post about someone contemplating buying this car MY23, because I know a little bit of what headache they will have esp when it’s out of warranty. If you are smart, don’t buy it. If you care more about looks/status/for some reason want a Benz, know that it’s not a Toyota and hope you can afford the out of warranty repairs. It’s a beautiful car, great comfort, fun to drive, awesome features when it works.
The following users liked this post:
PhotoJeff (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 02:41 AM

2023 GLC 4MATIC X254
Originally Posted by DF777

2023 CLA Loaner with basic lights on low beam.STOP sign

2023 GLC with Digital Light on low beam.STOP sign ???

I have been complaining about these Digital Lights since May when I purchased the 2023 GLC .
The Dealer said to complain to MB USA . MB USA gave me a case number and a bunch of BS about different lights and different vehicles BLA,BLA ,BLA,
Last week I had moisture in my tail light and a 48 Volt system message so Dealer gave me a CLA loaner over night.
As you can see ,the CLA low beams are far superior to the GLC Digital Light.The fangs and absense of cornering lights are standard.The blurry triangle shows up sporadically.
I go the same route to work every morning at 5:30 am and I am having to use the headlamps manually so I can use high beams to see any animals on the side of the road or stop signs etc.
As I am getting no help from MB USA or the Dealer I have reported these dangerously defective lights to the NHTSA .My compaint is listed with 17 others regarding the 2023 GLC (not all lighting)
It's a shame MB USA wont admit they screwed up when they butchered up the Digital Light to meet US Specs.I could live with that they are working on a fix or reprogram whatever.
I encourage anyone with the Digital Light or any other safety related issue to report it to the NHTSA

Oh and thanks for the pics! Nice to know I am not crazy.