Active Steering Assist Inoperative
Active Emergency Stop Assist Inoperative
Active Blind spot Assist Inoperative
Active Brake Assist Functions Limited. See Operators Manual
Active Stop and Go Assist Inoperative. See Operators Manual"

What's going on here? Anybody know?
Yes, you purchased a lemon like I did and can:
1.Keep bringing it in for software updates and hope that fixes things
2. Risk getting stranded and need to call MB roadside every time this happens (not sure if you got left stranded but when mine had these error messages, car would not start and steering wheel was locked up, I couldn't even turn it)
3. Open a case w/MB corporate and try to get them to buyback your vehicle so you can get a different model or go to a different brand
4. Take the financial hit and trade it in for something else now
The following users liked this post:
TheRealAlfonso (01-31-2024)
Old 09-10-2023, 06:45 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300W AMG, Pinnacle, white
OP here

The warnings were preceeded by a “Battery critical” alert.

I have a theory why this happens.
These warnings occur only after the car is parked on a steep incline for several days.

When the vehicle is secured on level ground, it has worked flawlessly. But twice in the past several weeks, I have had the occasion to travel to a location where it was parked on a steep driveway. And both times I got the “battery critical” and other warnings.

So I put it in Standby Mode overnight which disabled the tow-away alarm and the battery stopped draining.

Perhaps the steep angle confused the tow-away alarm.

Last edited by mhmyers55; 09-10-2023 at 06:49 AM.
TheRealAlfonso (01-31-2024)
Old 09-10-2023, 01:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
2023 GLC 300
you're ****ed. Mine has been at the dealership for over 3 MONTHS now with less than 2000 miles on it. good luck
Old 09-10-2023, 01:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 Mercedes GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mhmyers55
OP here

These warnings occur only after the car is parked on a steep incline for several days.

When the vehicle is secured on level ground, it has worked flawlessly. But twice in the past several weeks, I have had the occasion to travel to a location where it was parked on a steep driveway. And both times I got the “battery critical” and other warnings.

So I put it in Standby Mode overnight which disabled the tow-away alarm and the battery stopped draining.

Interesting....I never got the battery critical message and I also was never parked on an incline when I got all the other error messages. I did notice that mine said standby mode was not possible due to battery level being too low....wasn't sure what that really meant or how to fix it.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:02 PM

Update from OP

I drove it 620 miles today. Averaged 32mpg. Took 10 hours because of a 1-3/4 hour standstill traffic jam.

All the warnings were off when I started it this morning.

At one point in my drive, I must have skidded a wee bit on a curve in the rain and the system freaked out.
The screen went black and restarted while I was driving​​​​. ​​​All the warnings came back plus the check engine light.
After stopping for a bit, all warnings disappeared except for the check engine light.
After the next stop, that light went out also.

So all is well. I think the car must be very sensitive and it doesn't like certain things.

Old 09-11-2023, 12:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Future GLC 300
Update from OP

I drove it 620 miles today. Averaged 32mpg. Took 10 hours because of a 1-3/4 hour standstill traffic jam.

All the warnings were off when I started it this morning.

At one point in my drive, I must have skidded a wee bit on a curve in the rain and the system freaked out.
The screen went black and restarted while I was driving​​​​. ​​​All the warnings came back plus the check engine light.
After stopping for a bit, all warnings disappeared except for the check engine light.
After the next stop, that light went out also.

So all is well. I think the car must be very sensitive and it doesn't like certain things.
Skidding in the rain should not cause the car to freak out. There appears to be some serious electrical issues with the GLC that are being ignored by Mercedes per multiple posts on this forum. It's a shame, as the GLC was on my short shopping list for a new car. "Was" being the operative word here.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Paradocks
Skidding in the rain should not cause the car to freak out. There appears to be some serious electrical issues with the GLC that are being ignored by Mercedes per multiple posts on this forum. It's a shame, as the GLC was on my short shopping list for a new car. "Was" being the operative word here.
Agreed. But I think it is a software not mechanical issue which is easier to correct.

Old 10-21-2023, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC
Warning ⚠️

I got a ****-ton of warnings when I let the gas/mileage indicator get below 50 miles. I really would like a real gas gauge.
Old 10-22-2023, 07:21 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
WARNINGS

Originally Posted by Laury60
I got a ****-ton of warnings when I let the gas/mileage indicator get below 50 miles. I really would like a real gas gauge.
The one Warning you evidently never got was to not buy that car. I feel badly for the owners of what appears to be the beautiful new GLC, however, even for a new car in its first model year there seems to be way too many problems. The real issue is how the manufacturer stands behind its product and does everything necessary to make the customer happy. This is what builds brand loyalty. Everything can get fixed, however, the local dealers will need specific details from MB on what to exactly do, and any new parts needed to permanently fix the problem and simply not put a band aid on it. When your dealer or MB assumes an adversarial role, it declines into a lose-lose situation. Monetary compensation , or future credit toward an MB, is something that should be considered by MB , as this would help them reduce their lemon law cases.It would also secure future sales. Wishing you all good luck.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bryce1023:
EWL5 (10-22-2023), PeterNik (10-22-2023), RA040624 (02-04-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 GLK 350, 2020 GLC43
2023 GLC300
"Active Lane Change Assist Inoperative
Active Distance Assist Inoperative
Active Steering Assist Inoperative
Active Emergency Stop Assist Inoperative
Active Blind spot Assist Inoperative
Active Brake Assist Functions Limited. See Operators Manual
Active Stop and Go Assist Inoperative. See Operators Manual"

What's going on here? Anybody know?
I am in the exact same situation as you, 2020 GLC 43. In addition to the ones you see I also see

Check Right Low Beam
Check Left Low Beam

I have also experienced the headlights staying on after the car is locked, sometimes for as long as 30 minutes after the car is turned off and locked. I also have seen the radiator fan do the oil cooling cycle, for as long as 4 hours after the car has been turned off.

I have noticed also that my battery drains when the car is parked, locked in my garage, and when the battery hits 60% charge or less, these warnings start popping up.

I've also noticed that even though my garage is flat, it sits not level and rises after I start it. I think that the car thinks it's parked on a hill and that is somehow causing a drain, but I have no idea how that is possible. I'm getting it checked again for an off power drain I will update this thread if I learn more.
Old 01-31-2024, 01:03 AM

2015 GLK 350, 2020 GLC43
Originally Posted by newglcdriver
2. Risk getting stranded and need to call MB roadside every time this happens (not sure if you got left stranded but when mine had these error messages, car would not start and steering wheel was locked up, I couldn't even turn it)
3. Open a case w/MB corporate and try to get them to buyback your vehicle so you can get a different model or go to a different brand
Hi, reading your status now as well. Did you have any update / have they found anything in your car?
Old 01-31-2024, 01:05 AM

2015 GLK 350, 2020 GLC43
Interesting....I never got the battery critical message and I also was never parked on an incline when I got all the other error messages. I did notice that mine said standby mode was not possible due to battery level being too low....wasn't sure what that really meant or how to fix it.
It means exactly what it says, the battery is too dead for Standby mode. You have to drive it or hook it up to a charger to get it back to where it should be before you can use it.

Have you gotten these warnings since you've been using Standby Mode?
Old 01-31-2024, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
24 GLC
makes me wonder if the 24 model corrected some of these issues...
Old 02-04-2024, 09:59 AM
Banned

GLC
OP here

Hello, I had the 12-volt multiple warning messages as well. I have never had a car that through error messages like that at me and left me stranded. This happened to me me two times , the second time was in my garage, and it was able to start after a half a day of letting it sit . The dealership has to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for service, meaning they have to follow what the manufacturer recommends. In my case they did a 16 module software update. And that was all done on December 29th. So far so good. I did open a case with MB for the first and the second time. And also mentioned lemon law here in California. I did the same with the dealership and was very concerned about this and let them know this is unacceptable as being my family car.
I don't believe dealerships want to go through this multiple times because it tarnishes their image, so they do follow the recommendations of the manufacturer. But I would be wary of the type of experience in the mechanics that you are getting while doing these module software updates. And the type of equipment they are using if they are the latest and updated. These are brand new cars with completely different software. This is a game changer we are basically driving around in iPads!. So if you have a problem you usually have to reboot the system and that means taking the negative battery terminal off for a few minutes and put it back on and the car will start that's a quick fix if you're left stranded. Hope this all helps.
Oh and remember your 12-volt battery is in the back next to your spare tire. Do not go near the front that is the 48 volt and will fry you if you touch something!

Last edited by RA040624; 02-04-2024 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:52 PM
Banned

GLC
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
The one Warning you evidently never got was to not buy that car. I feel badly for the owners of what appears to be the beautiful new GLC, however, even for a new car in its first model year there seems to be way too many problems. The real issue is how the manufacturer stands behind its product and does everything necessary to make the customer happy. This is what builds brand loyalty. Everything can get fixed, however, the local dealers will need specific details from MB on what to exactly do, and any new parts needed to permanently fix the problem and simply not put a band aid on it. When your dealer or MB assumes an adversarial role, it declines into a lose-lose situation. Monetary compensation , or future credit toward an MB, is something that should be considered by MB , as this would help them reduce their lemon law cases.It would also secure future sales. Wishing you all good luck.
That is exactly my feeling as well. My dealership was very active with working with MB to correct my message of the 12-volt critical low. Here in California we have the three strikes you're out lemon law. As long as you are the original purchaser and it was purchased New. So they are very aware that there could be serious lemon law litigations coming at them. The twice that my car has given me that error message is now fixed and my confidence is slowly coming back. Everything on these cars are triggered and manipulated by software that is programmed into these modules. And then on top of it you have the AI functionality which is forever morphing. I will say this that I am heading for retirement later this year and the last thing I want after this warranty is over is a heavy maintenance bill for unnecessary fixes. If that turns out to be the case I will probably pursue lemon law and dump the brand all together. But right now everything is hunky-dory! Thanks for your comments.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:55 PM

2015 GLK 350, 2020 GLC43
Originally Posted by GLCmiked
Hello, I had the 12-volt multiple warning messages as well. I have never had a car that through error messages like that at me and left me stranded. This happened to me me two times , the second time was in my garage, and it was able to start after a half a day of letting it sit . The dealership has to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for service, meaning they have to follow what the manufacturer recommends. In my case they did a 16 module software update. And that was all done on December 29th. So far so good. I did open a case with MB for the first and the second time. And also mentioned lemon law here in California. I did the same with the dealership and was very concerned about this and let them know this is unacceptable as being my family car.
I don't believe dealerships want to go through this multiple times because it tarnishes their image, so they do follow the recommendations of the manufacturer. But I would be wary of the type of experience in the mechanics that you are getting while doing these module software updates. And the type of equipment they are using if they are the latest and updated. These are brand new cars with completely different software. This is a game changer we are basically driving around in iPads!. So if you have a problem you usually have to reboot the system and that means taking the negative battery terminal off for a few minutes and put it back on and the car will start that's a quick fix if you're left stranded. Hope this all helps.
Oh and remember your 12-volt battery is in the back next to your spare tire. Do not go near the front that is the 48 volt and will fry you if you touch something!
Hi - I was wondering if you have had any more issues since your update in December?
Old 02-10-2024, 08:59 PM
Banned

GLC
Originally Posted by TheRealAlfonso
Hi - I was wondering if you have had any more issues since your update in December?
Hey knock on wood so far so good.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
I have had the software on my 2023 GLC300 updated four times since October. Purchased new 5/31/2023. My wife got stranded with the low battery warning and many other warnings that prevented her from turning the car off. MB had to tow to the dealer to have it addressed. They updated 16 computer systems and a week later we started receiving some of the error message again. Took it back and they updated more modules. Fast forward to January and a Check Engine Light came on. Took it to the dealer, they did a quick check, cleared the error from appearing but left the error in the log. When we had time, 800 miles later, we took it in for an update. My wife drove 4 miles, parked for 30 minutes and while driving home the check engine light came back on. In for another update!

The Service Advisor also told us that there is a recall coming soon to replace the fuse box, but MB isn't ready to release it yet.

I have had MBs since 2009 and this new 2023 has had more issues than all the other vehicles combined..... It may be German Engineering but the software has gotten so complicated that they obviously are struggling.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:48 PM

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
2023 GLC 300
i don't understand why you guys put up with this bull****. The car will NEVER be fixed correctly. It is a flaw in the design of the car itself. And when you're out of warranty, Lord have mercy. They obviously have no idea what is wrong and keep lying to the public. Lemon this thing and move on before the headaches really start. I got more back than I even paid for the POS, and basically had a free Mercedes for a year (even if it was mainly the loaner)

We even have a 2023 Maybach and a 21 GLE (and an '18 e-class before that) all purchased brand new--so loyal MB customers and they still don't give a **** about us. I will never buy another Mercedes just based on how they treated us throughout this entire debacle. My attorney was a Godsend.

Last edited by KrayzieVetteGLC; 03-04-2024 at 05:51 PM.
Paradocks (03-05-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 06:38 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Hi, I'm a 2023 W206 C Class owner (same platform and electronics of the X254), and I'm experiencing battery issues.
Do you receive messages from the app like I do?
I will go to the dealership next week when they will do the fuel pump recall (hopefully you won't have to do that).

Old 03-11-2024, 12:54 PM
Banned

GLC
l have been patient now, and I have just submitted my car last week to the dealership for the fourth time on the same crazy messages popping up on the dashboard. They do a software update and a month later or a few weeks later it will come back. I have called Mercedes corporate three times and open cases and this last instance I actually opened the case to have the car bought back. They tell me it will take about 6 weeks for a response. I'm also actively talking with attorneys here in California. We have a lemon law some of the strictest in the nation and three strikes you're out if it meets the same issue requirements. I'm with you on that as well, and everybody else's comments here on this chain.
I bought this car brand new in November of 24 hoping that this will be my retirement present so I can start taking some road trips. But today I have not been able to have any faith in this car as it has already left me stranded three times. One time I had to have it towed to the dealership. Very unassuring I and ridiculous for a brand new car. In 2023 MBUX software came out. They should definitely have this issue fixed by now. I understand there are growing pains involved but when the OS on this car is over a year old now it should be resolved. I truly believe that there should be a class action against Mercedes on this because these forums are riddled and I mean riddled with the same type of problems. It's not just the GLC model, if you look at the other models they have the same similar problems. And we're talking about the newer cars. I don't put a lot of Faith in forums, because I know there are a lot of bashers out there, but I also know there are a lot of people that are sincere and honest and are looking for answers. I would say, be patient and go through the process of getting it repaired and hope for the best that it doesn't come back. Hopefully it won't the better the software gets with the updates. I was hoping the same and this fourth time has just blown me out of the water. I had a BMW that did the same thing back in 2003, every 3 months 2 months one month or one week it would throw engine codes. A real lemon! Unfortunately it was a lease buyback with a very limited warranty and I did not purchase an extended warranty so I was stuck with the repair bills and just sold it. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:42 AM
Banned

GLC
OP here

Mine as well, has been into the dealership now for the fourth time it is in the dealership now as I write this text. It has had all of the above warning messages plus more and 12 volt messages. I am not even able to put it in standby mode because it says it is not sufficiently charged. I have opened a case. I will keep everybody posted when it resolves. I also opened a case with nhtsa.gov.
All of the safety sensors really put a damper in my day.
Not going to take this any longer as a consumer.

Last edited by RA040624; 03-22-2024 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:08 AM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
I have an update after I picked up my C300 from the dealership. There's an official MB bulletin regarding the 12v battery issue.
See this link to the W206 forum
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8940065
RA040624 (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 10:13 AM
Banned

GLC
Originally Posted by giovane
I have an update after I picked up my C300 from the dealership. There's an official MB bulletin regarding the 12v battery issue.
See this link to the W206 forum
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post8940065
​​​​​ Hope your issue was resolved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting all these warnings