GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Cameras suddenly stopped working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Cameras suddenly stopped working?

Hey everyone. New time user here and first time Mercedes owner. I want to preface this by saying I am not car savvy at all. It is kind of embarrassing. I recently just purchased a brand new 2023 GLC 300. Everyone was running normally today when I left to go to work. I fueled up my car with no problem. I noticed I have extra time so I went to go just wipe down my car. I parked it with no problem. However when I went to go leave. I noticed that none of the cameras were working. When I put it in reverse, the back up camera doesn’t pop down. When I press the parking cameras nothing happens. I turned the car on and off. No change. I noticed a check engine light appeared, but that happened at the same time as I got a warning for low washer fluid, (Unsure if that is connected or not). I read one post about this before, but I am wondering if there is anything I can do to resolve this? I tried to call the Mercedes service department and they said they are closed until Monday morning. Would lower washer fluid cause this weird phenomenon and would that trigger a check engine light to come on? Nothing on the MercedesMe app except for Low washer fluid.

This is my first Mercedes, and I don’t know a lot about cars as it is. I just want to make sure nothing bad happened.

thank you in advance!
Old 09-17-2023, 05:53 PM

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Welcome, low washer fluid would not cause any of that. Matter of fact the washer water reservoir holds quite a bit of water. Unless you use the window washer a hell of a lot a low level doesn't seem normal. It seems that you need a trip to the dealer and maybe a software update since all the cameras are not working. If one wasn’t then it could just be a camera. Check engine light can cover a number of issues. But the dealer will run a check an should locate all the problems.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:21 PM

GLC 300
Did you get this fixed? If so, what was the issue. This same thing literally just happened to me. i just bought the car 1 week ago, brand new. No camera is working and the button for the cameras isn't either. I called the dealer and he said to bring it in. I didn't want to make an appointment if i hit a button I should not have or something and look stupid (and waste time) bringing it in. This is my 2nd Mercedes. I've never had anything like this happen but they often need software updates to fix silly issues. Fingers crossed that is all it is.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:14 PM

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by delder
Did you get this fixed? If so, what was the issue. This same thing literally just happened to me. i just bought the car 1 week ago, brand new. No camera is working and the button for the cameras isn't either. I called the dealer and he said to bring it in. I didn't want to make an appointment if i hit a button I should not have or something and look stupid (and waste time) bringing it in. This is my 2nd Mercedes. I've never had anything like this happen but they often need software updates to fix silly issues. Fingers crossed that is all it is.
Unfortunately I think software updates will be with us for sometime to come. The cars nowadays are one big computer that run to many operations to count.

Make an appointment, get a loaner and relax. Don’t be surprised if there is another update (software or part) that might show up when the SA pulls up your vin number.

Old 10-04-2023, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLC 300 SUV, 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster, 2006 Lexus RX400h
Same issue

Just happened to me as well today 😞. Anyone have updates on what service says please let us all know.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 GLC 300 SUV, 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster, 2006 Lexus RX400h
Originally Posted by schvamf
Just happened to me as well today 😞. Anyone have updates on what service says please let us all know.
Started working again this morning. I guess the system needed some rest. Strange one.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:18 PM

2023 GLC 300
Angry

Happened to me as well. The 2023 GLC is only 3 weeks old. Here is what happened about 5 days ago:
  • Started the day with camera working as usual and nothing's wrong.
  • After a copy of stops, I got into the car and started it up normally, then an Error Message showed up on driver display. Don't remember exactly, but it's something like Parking Assist not working or not available.
  • Pressing the Parking Assist button at the bottom of the screen does nothing. Normally, it brings up the camera view when car is stopped or is slow.
  • Went into reverse didn't bring up the camera view as usual.
Drove the GLC back home. Stop, start, stop, lock and unlock a few times. Still doesn't work.
Drove it to a restaurant and had lunch. Somehow it worked again afterward. So the software was taking its time to recycle or something?