GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

NTG7 Navigation ETA Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 03:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
NTG7 Navigation ETA Info

The Navigation ETA seems “nervous”. Yesterday from one minute to the next it was varying by up to 30 minutes. There is no way the traffic conditions were changing that quickly. Has anyone else seen this? I have a 2023 GLC 300 4Matic SUV, MBUX NTG7 w/Navigation.
Thanks,
Kyle
Old 09-18-2023, 10:35 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Often times the live traffic gives out incorrect information, for example, “ caution, traffic event ahead “ . There is no traffic of any sort, this happens frequently. If the problem persists then a visit to your dealership is needed. If it’s a one time thing just go on enjoying your vehicle. BTW, the built in navigation really sucks, I like Waze in my area for the most accurate info and the best route guidance.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:09 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
Often times the live traffic gives out incorrect information, for example, “ caution, traffic event ahead “ . There is no traffic of any sort, this happens frequently. If the problem persists then a visit to your dealership is needed. If it’s a one time thing just go on enjoying your vehicle. BTW, the built in navigation really sucks, I like Waze in my area for the most accurate info and the best route guidance.
Even though I was traveling on Saturday in and around NYC no traffic problems develop and resolve as quickly as the ETA was changing. I usually use Apple Maps, via my phone, for navigation. I so want the MB navigation to work because without it all of the new displays, like the head up, are useless. And they are among the reasons I bought the car.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:09 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
MB Navigation

Originally Posted by KJWLI
Even though I was traveling on Saturday in and around NYC no traffic problems develop and resolve as quickly as the ETA was changing. I usually use Apple Maps, via my phone, for navigation. I so want the MB navigation to work because without it all of the new displays, like the head up, are useless. And they are among the reasons I bought the car.
The MB. Nav works, however, it does not work as well as the several navigation options that you have on your phone. This has been the case with every MB I’ve owned, as well as other brands. Being that you are in the NYC area may I suggest you try WAZE. More accurate, more informative, and more up to the minute. I believe that buying Navigation for a car will be something of the past, as long as you have a smartphone why spend the money? I have Navigation on 2 of my Mercedes and I use it minimally. Sounds like you have a beautiful vehicle, just enjoy it